AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

I think I found a few more that have /home (alldomains.php) has it as well.

I will rewrite this and test it.

If it is good and works properly who should I send this to?

I guess a version B can be created (for/usr/home) unless we write a if/else statement to check for the type of directory.

it works with /usr/home all freebsd servers will normally use /usr/home with /home as a symlink this is the default behaviour for freebsd.

Concerning the plugin since about 5 or 6 versions ago it has always failed to install properly and after I install the plugin I have to run the update script manually from the shell and then it works.

Changed all instances of /home to /usr/home double checked that there is nothing wrong with it.

I then went ahead and installed it.

No problems what so ever in the installation...

I am still, however, getting the same syslink message error when installing to a new domain name. Also I did forget to mention the the awstats.pl file is nowhere to be seen. Very odd. I still am unable to install it on customer accounts.

Last edited:
Senad said:
Changed all instances of /home to /usr/home double checked that there is nothing wrong with it.

I then went ahead and installed it.

No problems what so ever in the installation...

I am still, however, getting the same syslink message error when installing to a new domain name. Also I did forget to mention the the awstats.pl file is nowhere to be seen. Very odd. I still am unable to install it on customer accounts.

Hmmm....ok, your out of my area. I didn't actually write the plugin, just a support piece for it.

If I can squeeze it in, I'll update my piece to allow you to specify the home directory. I think that was originally my plan as I parameterized it.

=C=

I see the plugin now shows the command to run on screen instead of the error and then that can be run in ssh very good :).

But the update command fails due to a hardcoded path which is incorrect on freebsd, the path to the tar command.

on freebsd it is /usr/bin/tar not /bin/tar.

just installed this plugin in a new server but does not work

I proceeded to install this plugin on a newly installed
CentOS box, but when I go to http://beta.vohosting.com/awstats
I get a kind of file not found error.

Looking into the directories, I have noticed that
the awstats.pl file was not copied, however
all the other symbolic links are in its place.

Any ideas why this problem happened?

Did you run this?

PHP:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

It's the script that creates the stats...looks to me like you haven't ran the update, so the awstats.pl isn't finding any datafiles.

Read the first post in this thread.

So, In playing around with the update.sh script on FreeBSD there were two issues.

In FreeBSD (at least what installed by default under 4.10) the egrep and grep commands do not offer the -o parameter. So, when building the VER variable the entire line from the awstats.ver file was getting used - HTML and all - and therefore the rest of the script bombed because VER was not getting set to be '6.5' like it needed to be.

After I forced the VER variable to be 6.5 the rest of the script worked. The Install per domain now works, and all the errors seen while viewing stats pages are cleared up as well.

In addition as someone mentioned earlier in this thread the path to tar is incorrect. Changing it to /usr/bin/tar works.

Other than that the stats are running fine.

Also, is there a reason why the skin files have the links to AWStats configs, etc Bolded? None of the rest of the skin has anything bolded like that.

Easy to change but the changes get overwritten each update.

You can get rid of the bold if you like by going to:

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks

and editing admin_txt.html and user_txt.html

Is there an easy way to solve the following problem.

Awstats parses for www.domain.com.

user has a lot of traffic on diffsubdomain.domain.com

we dont want to add a new awstats so it parses the same log files twice and instead parse it all in one.

possible?

I used the search on this forum for awstats, and came to this topic, but as it is around 50 pages long, I didn't read all posts, maybe the problem I have is allready discussed.

I have all rights on my server with DA, and I gave some resellers awstats rights, password protected.
I can view the stats very well and it works great, much better than webalizer!
But when I select the full year view on top for the month selector, I get this error:

Error: Full year view has not been allowed from a browser (AllowFullYearView should be set to 3).

I can probably edit this in a config file but why isn't this enabled by default? This would mean I should edit this for all my awstats users?

how can i wrtie user_destroy_post.sh that delete the username from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/permissions.txt when a user is deleted?

awstats Plugin -why adding for all domains??

I am running this in DA cron:

10 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

I thought this would only update the stats for the users that have installed it. It has added awstats for all domains.

I would like to have all users have the access to awstats if they choose to install it but not to install it automatictly.

I also have:
# vi user_create_post.sh

Add the following to the new file or add the line if exists:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#!/bin/sh
echo $username >> /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/permissions.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this was run by mistake:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/alldomains.php

I deleted all the /etc/awstats/*.conf and *.txt and removed the awstats dir for all users except the one that I installed.

Thanks for a great plugin.
Thanks for the help.
Rmday

Last edited:
Well it did not happen tonight. I guess it is working correctly.

Running this in cron weekly would not cause awstats to be installed on all domains right???Just update the ones that are installed...

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/update/update.sh
exit 0;

Thanks hopefully fixed.
Rmday

Weired behvior:

AFter a successul install of version 2.1.9, the AWStats showing up in the Plugin page as installed.
I haveh the AWStats Statistics showing on the Admin page, but when clicked upon,. it shows the following message on the next page:

Warning: file_get_contents(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 101 is not allowed to access /etc/passwd owned by uid 0 in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/admin/index.html on line 39 Warning: file_get_contents(/etc/passwd): failed to open stream: Invalid argument in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/admin/index.html on line 39 Couldn't deteremine user standardly!

I tried to run the udpate, but after the update completes its run, .it shows and error.

So,.. something is wrong!
I've uninstalled,. re-installed it.. several time.. all bringing ti to the same errors.

Help?

-Alon.

for me the chmod and chown of the script fails to run.

awstatsinstall.php

The servers it was working on had been setting the grp and user ownership both to user anyway so I didnt notice but on another server where default group is apache, awstats is erroring out because group isnt chowned.

If I try to run the above script manually in ssh nothing happens no output not even for -h.

Nothing in logs.

Back