Is this lifetime pricing legit??

ljweb

Verified User
I came across this today - cheapdirectadmin.com , kind of looks dodgy to me and too good to be true, they say they are DA rep for Asia. Is this legit?

as far as i know, no one can resell directadmin... unless they make a sort of partnership, but, maybe just directadmin's staff can correctly reply to this question.

Regards

Also, what make me think is not real (and i wouldnt trust on them) is that the demo link are to directadmin.com official site (just for make you see that is real i think) and that only lifetime license you can buy (the only want that isnt out of stock)...

Supposing that they can resell, why there should be a limit (or a stock) on the other type? (Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly)

Ill send an email right now to directadmin staff with the link of this thread for be sure.

Regards

I would also add this error that came from their website:

Code:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/admin/domains/cheapdirectadmin.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/wisebusiness/testimonials.php on line 5

Checking the path seems they are using directadmin panel (well not sure but seems like), so, for directadmin staff using the IP will be easy find out the owner of license and take appropriate countermeasures.

Regards

Hello,

No, you cannot buy a license to own from anyone but us.

It's mentioned here quite clearly:
http://www.directadmin.com/internal.html

The only way a 3rd party/Reseller can give you a license is if they provide you a server and include DirectAdmin on it. The license belongs to the Reseller and not you, you're only "renting" it from them for use on their server.

If you buy a license from ****************.com, and they don't give you a server with it, you do so at your own risk. You risk losing your license, since it's not yours, as well as your money.

Keep in mind, we do have the ability to nuke servers that are not running legal copies of DirectAdmin. If you buy from a 3rd party Reseller, and didn't get a server with it, you would fall into that category, and I'm pretty sure your clients wouldn't be too happy if that happened.
I've also made it a "bad" word, since we don't want to increase their search rankings.

John

Back