MySQL server PID file could not be found! after MySQL 5.5 update

Roundcube if InnoDB is enabled uses this engine, if disabled and it detects it perfectly, it uses MyISAM. Note, if you want to switch Roundcube from one engine to another, you'll need completely destroy da_roundcube and run ./build roundcube. As for directadmin related software that is all, and you should rely on your needs and requirements of used software. As I know that some CMS and e-shop scripts require InnoDB engine enabled. I personaly prefer not to use InnoDB, as it seems to me to be more fragile, than MyISAM.

Solved. In the past I've used the my.cnf file DirectAdmin provides in the knowledgebase, but it's clearly marked to use only on PHP4. I didn't notice that because I've always uploaded it from my own build system.

Instead I used the one installed by MySQL on my own system; the one at
Code:
/usr/share/mysql/my-large.cnf
Once I switched to that one, MySQL works.

And since it's a new server I removed the Roundcube databases in /var/lib/mysql and rebuilt it as zEitEr suggested directly above. Now Roundcube works as well.

I've also updated by my build system.

Jeff

i confirm when mysql5.5 dont want start after update from 5.0 or 5.1 its because you have this line into /etc/my.cnf

skip-locking

just remove !
sorry for english

Back