API should be updated to support XML

paulus

Verified User
Right now tha API is a pain to use with the name/value pairs and urlencoded data. It would be much easier to use the API (In different language as php, like java) if it does support XML or JSON.

As an option it would be nice. The default name/value pairs should not be changed, as it could break a lot of 3rd party software.

A little bump for this as well... json/xml would be a great addition.

Just an idea, on which I've not though much yet... isn't it possible to write a plugin, which would transform answers from directadmin to XML format? I mean if it's possible to set a proxy script somewhere, which would re-send requests to Directadmin and transform replies to the format you need... I could probably write it, or at least consider the possibility of writing it, if there would be enough requests.

Just an idea, on which I've not though much yet... isn't it possible to write a plugin, which would transform answers from directadmin to XML format? I mean if it's possible to set a proxy script somewhere, which would re-send requests to Directadmin and transform replies to the format you need... I could probably write it, or at least consider the possibility of writing it, if there would be enough requests.

I agree on this but its a work around, personaly i support the request of direct json/xml support

so +1 for json/xml support

Back