Jail Migration

bsd3000

Verified User
Hi

I migrated a FreeBSD 8.x jail with Directadmin FROM server with
Public ip directed routed, TO server with nat (private ip on jail)

I know that Directadmin staff doesn't support this way.. but..

Now I can download licence key by:
./getLicense.sh XXXX XXXX XXX
and work file (i see licence key in: /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf)

but when I run ./directadmin b200 I see:
The ip of this machine (172.16.xx.6xx1) does not match the ip in the license file.<br>
Check the value of your ethernet_dev=em0 setting in your /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf file and the output of /sbin/ifconfig<br>

the ethernet_dev value is correct (correct nic).

How can I do to tell to directadmin to use public ip to check in licence key?

(I read http://www.directadmin.com/lan.shtml but it work for setup not for moving)

Thanks for any help

errata corige

Hi
Now I can download licence key by:
./getLicense.sh XXXX XXXX XXX
and work file (i see licence key in: /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf)

I mean... /usr/local/directadmin/conf/license.key

Hello,

There is no way to make directadmin to check any other Ethernet devices, but change its name in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf. The defined ethernet_dev should be accessible from a jail and should be listed in ifconfig output, otherwise you'll get the error, you've mentioned above.

Hello,

There is no way to make directadmin to check any other Ethernet devices, but change its name in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf. The defined ethernet_dev should be accessible from a jail and should be listed in ifconfig output, otherwise you'll get the error, you've mentioned above.

The em0 is accessible from jail but the ip assigned is private one
(the public ip is in NAT 1:1 in the real world :) )

So the dev is correct, the ip used to check licence file is wrong
(I need directadmin to use public ip to check licence key)

Kind regards

ethernet_dev should have a public IP. There is no way to make directadmin to work on private IP (172.16.xx.6xx1) .

You might need to order an additional IP from your ISP and assign it to jail with DA.

I solved the problem in this way:

my private ip is 172.16.xx.xx (assigned to nic of the server)
public ip is 77.xx.xx.xx (nat 1:1 by the firewall)

I change /usr/local/etc/rc.d/directadmin startup script
to add 77.xx.xx in alias and remove it after starting directadmin

Now its work :)

This thread has been dead for 3 and a half years. Exactly what are you looking for? Please be specific.

Jeff

Back