Users not able to see databases in PhpMyAdmin after change_username.sh

sullise

Verified User
Had a client request to have his username changed, so ran the "change_username.sh" script. Now he can't see his databases in phpmyadmin.

Thoughts?

Rename them in shell or in phpmyadmin. Make sure you rename MySQL users. Or re-create them and move data.

Rename what? Databases, home directory, etc are all renamed...site is working, user can log in, but his database users are gone, so he needed to recreate those and update his configs naturally. THe only issue here is phpmyadmin is NOT picking up his databases.

Verify the user has permissions to the databases.

Make sure in shell (listing of /var/lib/mysql/) or in phpmyadmin (with user da_admin) that user's mysql databases were renamed correct from username_something to newuser_something.

If they weren't, you should do it manually. In phpmyadmin make sure that users of the databases were renamed correct. If not, rename the manually and grant permissions to the databases.

That's what I meant.

Since this

THe only issue here is phpmyadmin is NOT picking up his databases.

Does he use a directadmin login or a proper username for the database in order to login into phpmyadmin?

I've logged in with his creditials to phpmyadmin and notice that the create new database field shows his old username.

WHich is bugging me because I've grepped /var/www, /usr/local/directadmin, and /etc for his old username and there is NO hit of it anywhere that would account for it.

Searched the default mysql database tables as well..not there either.

Stumped.

Back