MySQL Setup shows negative number of users

ros

Verified User
Hi,

In user » domain.com » Mysql Setup page, there is are negative numbers ( -1 ) in the numbers of users column. How can I fix this?

Compiled on CentOS 5.0 64-bit
Compile Date May 24 2011, 02:58:01
Server Version 1.38.4

This is what was told to me when I had the problem.

Code:
Sent:

On CMD_DB it is listing "Number of Users" as 0. Before we added a user to them they were -1. Where does it get the number from?

Response:

Hello,

The system account is going to be on all databases, but it doesn't show up in the list.
If it's missing, and there are 0 user_dbuser accounts, then it will show -1.

If you delete the database, and create the whole thing again, then DA will add the system account to the mysql.db table, and you'll get a proper count (or manually add it through phpmyadmin without deleting the db)

Thank you,

John

So the reason that there are -1 account in the "number of users" column is that the accounts are created by the da_admin user, and did not include the account/domain owner user, or simply have no user created for it?

In the accounts with a valid "number of users" count, i can see there is a database-specific user, the account owner and the da_admin user.

In the accounts with the negative "number of users" or zero account i can see there is no database-specific user or account owner user.

The solution is to add a user to it (both account owner, and database-specific user.).
This can be done in the PHPmyAdmin section for the admin user, and in the:

account_user » domain.com » MySQL Setup » View account_user_database and add an new (or existing user).

Thanks!

Back