Troubles with redirecting

Alegiano

In the redirect form I wanted to put a redirect from domain/smf to simply domain/.
However, I glitched the forum software and wanted to revert it. So I went to the redirect page again and checked the box to delete it. However, I got an error "could not delete the redirect". When I got back to the redirect page - the redirect as gone anyway.

However, the redirect is still working! And now that it no longer appears on the redirect list, there is nothing I can do about it.

How can I manually revert this?

Are you the server administrator?

If not you have to ask your hosting provider to fix it.

If you are then you need to edit files in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/<username>

You should be able to find where the redirect is in there and manually remove it.

I am the server administrator.
I'm sadly new to this.

I can't seem to find any folder /usr at all. The top folder contains subfolders called .htpassword, logs, prive_html, public_ftp et cetera. Where am I supposed to look?

And ssh be?

What I've been doing so far is accessing my files on my domain through FileZilla (the FTP server). I tried to do the redirect by logging into domain:2222, after which the DirectAdmin screen pops up and I can do stuff. I see no folder as you described anywhere.

Nevermind I was wrong it only puts it in .htaccess file in your domain folder.

So login to ftp and go to:

/home/<username>/domains/<domain.com>/public_html

Then edit the .htaccess to remove the redirect.

Replace username and domain.com with your actual username and domain.

Back