Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Could not execute mail delivery program!

sebasdeweert

Hi Guys,

I just bought a VPS and i'm facing some problems with it, if i send emails in PHP with my website i get this kinda errors:
Code:
Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Could not execute mail delivery program '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f admin@****.nl' in /home/admin/domains/****.nl/public_html/admin/htmlmailversturen.php on line 393

I did follow this steps but it wont help: http://www.ehow.com/how_7581793_could-mail-delivery-program-usrsbinsendmail.html

It's just so weird because my script is sending the mails and my users are receiving it (well only 300 of my 1000 users), but i'm still getting this error..
Can someone help me out please?

Kind Regards,

Sebastiaan de Weert

if i send emails in PHP with my website
The problem can also be caused by the php script you are using to send the mail, and I truely believe that is the case.

I see you also posted the question on sitedeals (.nl) and people are already trying to help you there. That might be better as this is no Directadmin problem but a script problem. Several good Dutch scripters are present on sitedeals.

Sure. Why not? It's a link to exim. It's installed when exim is installed. All the options shown are standard exim options.

Jeff

Our server also got same error

PHP 5.2.17 (cli) (built: Apr 17 2012 10:50:09)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.12, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2007, by Zend Technologies
with Suhosin v0.9.33, Copyright (c) 2007-2012, by SektionEins GmbH

Mail Code
<?php
$to = '[email protected]';
$subject = 'the subject';
$message = 'hello';
$headers = 'From: [email protected]' . "\r\n" .
'Reply-To: [email protected]' . "\r\n" .
'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Could not execute mail delivery program '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f [email protected]'

# ls -la /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Apr 17 10:48 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> exim

Back