ioncube loader and softaculous issue

DA31387

Verified User
I had installed ioncube loader and softaculous. Thinds were working fine. A few hours ago, I could not run softaculous. I got the error:
Site error: the file /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/admin/index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.
I re-install ioncube, and the problem persists. I do not know what to do.
Please help.
Thanks

same

I have the same problem now after I updated the scriptaculous. The previous version was running for almost a year long before the update.
Is there a solution?
Thanks

ioncube

You need to install ioncube or ask your hosting provider to do it.

Hi,
ioncube is installed and as I said the softaculous was running for a year long with ioncube. Something happened with it when i updated the softaculous.

Please don't post support requests for a third-party software package to DirectAdmin forums.

Contact the vendor directly.

Thanks.

Jeff

Please don't post support requests for a third-party software package to DirectAdmin forums.

Contact the vendor directly.

Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff, The Ioncube loaders are used across all sorts of software on the server and this being a "third party Software" section of the forum, it doesn't hurt to see if many people are suffering the same problem.

That said, I do agree the vendor should still be contacted as well.

See the several threads posted in this forum has certainly helped me.

Your same here post to this thread does nothing to help anyone understand any problem with ioncube.

Jeff

Your same here post to this thread does nothing to help anyone understand any problem with ioncube.

Jeff

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it does indicate to the Original Poster that they are not the only ones faced with that problem, which is the intention of the post.

I would have thought that knowing you are not the only one faced with an issue does help by giving credence to the suggestion that the issue is caused by a third party.

You're not wrong. However consider please that there are 19,311 DirectAdmin registered forum users (as of this writing) and at least some of them read all messages posted to the forums. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'd consider it a kindness to those thousands of users to not post about problems that have nothing to do with DirectAdmin, but rather with two third-party software products not supported directly by DirectAdmin. There are now multiple threads on these forums discussing these issues.

Ioncube and Softaculous. Both not included in DirectAdmin as standards, and both not supported by DirectAdmin. Neither installed nor maintained by DirectAdmin.

I'd think (and again I may be wrong), that communication (even amng affected users) would be more likely to get resolved if the issues were discussed in forums dedicated to support of those products.

Having said what I need to say, I'll bow out now, and let you get on with it.

Jeff

Back