How to access phpmyadmin via DirectAdmin?

jiri2

Verified User
I know it may sound stupid, but I created a database, username pw etc for a new database in a DA of a shared hosting I have, for a domain that's inside the shared hosting. But now how do I access the database tables and such? On the DA interface I see 'MySQL Management', but that only leads me to the domains I have, and once I click on the domains the possibility to create a database, but it doesn't show me the tables of the databases of those domains.

Actually, scrap that question, sort of. My issue seems to be I don't quite know how to setup a MySQL for a particular domain, because BackUpBuddy keeps telling me it can't login into the database I supposedly created. I have now found how to access the database via DA, but this database doesn't seem to be specific to the domain. Only that can explain why I get 'Logging into server failed' from it.

You can not set a MySQL to a specific domain. Any user, who knows your login and password (credentials for MySQL DB's user) can login into MySQL server and select your DB (and do requests).

More info can be found here: http://www.site-helper.com/mysql.html

Note, if you buy a shared hosting, you'd better contact your hosting support team, if you're sure that you're doing everything right.

@jiri2:

Is there a reason you're using BackupBuddy? Can't you get everything you need with DirectAdmin's user-level backup? Or do you need a feature that DirectAdmin's user-level backup doesn't offer?

Jeff

@Jeff,

Isn't BackupBuddy a WordPress plugin?
Yes, but I don't know if it does anything DirectAdmin user-level backup doesn't do, and if it doesn't, then the easy way may just be to use DirectAdmin's built-in user-level backup.

Jeff

Back