How i can change IP Netmask?

WebArts

Verified User
Hi.
I installed directadmin and IPs several month ago.
data center gave me several IP with this netmusk:
255.255.255.248 :)
But i added IPs with this netmusk:
255.255.255.0 :eek:
and i assigned IPs to my websites using reseller:

one IP is shared
tow Ips are owned.

Please tell me this netmusk that i am using (255.255.255.0) will cause problem? :confused:

How i can change incorrect Ips mask to correct (255.255.255.248) by directadmin command or by SSH ? :confused:

Thanks

Hello,

Is it a VPS or dedicated server? Aren't the added IPs routed right? Do you have any issues while accessing your server by the IPs? If no, then that's OK. Don't trouble troubles, until trouble troubles you.

To change mask via directadmin interface, you should delete IP and re-add it with a correct mask.

Hello,

Is it a VPS or dedicated server? Aren't the added IPs routed right? Do you have any issues while accessing your server by the IPs? If no, then that's OK. Don't trouble troubles, until trouble troubles you.

To change mask via directadmin interface, you should delete IP and re-add it with a correct mask.
I think it must change by editing a file by ssh. is there any file for editing?

Yes, sure there is. Use keyword "ip.list" as a search request for searching on the forums (or use Google: ip.list site:directadmin.com).

Added for completeness:

Netmasks are used to separate local networks from the rest of the Internet, only for outgoing packets. If the netmask is wrong and the local network doesn't have the entire portion defined as local, then you could have problems reaching certain systems on the network.

http://ask-leo.com/what_is_a_subnet_mask.html

Jeff

Back