Directadmin 1.40.0 has been released

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

DirectAdmin 1.40.0 has been released.
There are many new features and fixes in this major release.

Note that our CentOS 4.x 64-bit box is down, so the update is not yet available for that OS. Most of the new features can still be used if you grab the pre-release version for that OS.

The full list of changes can be found here:
http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.400000

Noteworthy items:

1) Suspension Reason to allow specifying why an account is suspended. Will automatically be set to "Bandwidth" if DA suspends the account. Allows a custom suspension page to be used (based on env variable value) letting the client know why they've been suspended.

2) Ability to add IP ranges, and use wildcard reverse IP lookups in skip-list for BFM.

3) Disk Usage breakdown, to help track where disk usage is coming from.

4) Table optimizations and sorting bugfix on BFM table. The optimizations gained about 15% efficiency with use of inline functions.

5) Whois IP lookup on IPs on BFM IP info page, in addition to reverse IP lookup.

6) Elusive bug which set exim binary back to 755 from 4755.

7) Fix for spam to forwarders when "user spambox" option is used. Fix ensures the inbox exists before saving the spam.

8) Log bandwidth for dovecot using the da-popb4smtp binary (since it's already scanning the log). Includes 2 new columns on the Bandwidth Breakdown page.

9) Proper/standard rotation of the apache tar.gz backup logs.

10) Table row highlighting to make what you're selecting more clear. (disabled by default, for now)

11) User Check in Multi Server Setup used to prevent Users with the same Username on other boxes.

John

Something strange that scary me atm..

Ticket 1

Code:
Subject: *** An error has occurred while trying to update the software ***	Today at 12:30
This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the software.
The generated error message is as follows:

Unable to connect to 72.35.85.222<br>
Unable to open a socket<br>
Unable to connect to any site for the license<br>

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

Ticket 2
Code:
Subject: DirectAdmin has been updated	Today at 12:45
This is an automated message notifying you that the DirectAdmin software has been successfully updated.

To view what has changed, please visit:

http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php

Has been updated or is a bug?

Ticket time are different so i suppose it tryed until success, but, can i have a confirmation of that?

Thanks

Regards

Code:
Unable to connect to 72.35.85.222<br>
Unable to open a socket<br>
Unable to connect to any site for the license<br>
That's my fault. I lowered the load threshold for the update.tar.gz redirect on this box (too may requests here, at the same time), but it had the old files1 IP in it still. I updated the configs to the current/correct files1 IP.
For the ~5 boxes that got the wrong redirect, I manually triggered an update for the 5 of you, hence the 2nd message with the successful update.
Sorry for the confusion ;)

John

:) No problem at all, just i had never saw this error and i was a little scared.

Thanks for clarification and for had manual trigged the update :)

Ill let you know on other thread about user_info_modify_post.sh script :)

Regards

Ok the script work fine, but, i would need to ask a FR for the 1.40.1 release :)

When a user change his own email on ticket system, that should be changed on user info (admin/reseller level) aswell?

This will make much more less confusion :)

Thanks

I had kept them separate from the start so as to give the User more control over those items.
The user.conf email is for contact from the Reseller about billing issues (for example)
The ticket email is for technical issues from DA to the User.
I'm sure that for 98% of people, they're going to use the same value.
I could add a checkbox to say "Update ticket email" on the user.conf email page...
Or if there is a consensus that everyone thinks that they should always match, just let me know.

John

I understand your point but, what comunications? I mean, when the function "send message to user" and use "email only" will this use the user info email instead of ticket? And what about if user dont check no more that email and edit it for keep receiving important information (mass mail, domain expire, staff comunications)? User have no alternative way to change email and neither know there is a difference between the technical information email from ticket system and commercial/staff communication emails, so, this would be a little confusing and risky.

This is my own idea, cause i use to check user info email before send communications or invoices/etc so, if a user has changed this value, i will not know.

Lets see what other people say.

Regards and thanks

What's the version in the versions.txt? Check:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
./directadmin v
cd custombuild
grep directadmin versions.txt
John

hi john,

i got this

[root@srv5 ~]# cd /usr/local/directadmin
[root@srv5 directadmin]# ./directadmin v
Version: DirectAdmin v.1.40.0
[root@srv5 directadmin]# cd custombuild
[root@srv5 custombuild]# grep directadmin versions.txt
directadmin:1.39.3:
[root@srv5 custombuild]#

Type:
Code:
./build update
which will give you a new versions.txt.

If you still have the old versions, check to see which download server is being used. Check the options.conf to see which "downloadserver" option is set.

After I upgrade to DA 1.4 I can't get the new feature "Disk Usage Breakdown" to work: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1258

When testing I am using the Enhanced skin. When I on Reseller/Admin Level -> Show All Users -> Username -> Total Disk Usage (MB) -> [Details] - then when I click on "Details" button I get this:

Unable to read du_breakdown.list

Details

Unable to open ./data/users/USER-REMOVED/du_breakdown.list for reading.

(USER-REMOVED is edited by me, it shows the username)

Is this a bug, or must we wait until the next tally has run next nigth?

Update: When I look in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USER-REMOVED/... then I notice there does not exist any filename "du_breakdown.list", that file is missing.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a problem when i make update manualy to 1.4 version
Code:
[root@speed directadmin]# cd /usr/local/directadmin
[root@speed directadmin]# wget --no-check-certificate -O update.tar.gz 'https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?uid=****&lid=****'
Resolving www.directadmin.com... 66.51.122.131
Connecting to www.directadmin.com|66.51.122.131|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]
Saving to: `update.tar.gz'

[ <=>                                   ] 45          --.-K/s   in 0s

2011-11-26 09:37:49 (2.15 MB/s) - `update.tar.gz' saved [45]

[root@speed directadmin]#

@ditto: Yes, the tally needs to run first. The tally will create the du_breakdown.list file. It's not a realtime thing.

@lexus: That's likely a licensing issue. Contact [email protected] with your license ID.

John

DirectAdmin Brute Force Monitor

Hello!

I had upgraded to v1.40.0 and all went good, but there is a new option in Brute Force Monitor for blocking IP`s. Only i can`t understand why i cant see it. I have checked on my server if this changes have been changed in SKIN file (admin/brute_force_monitor.html) an yes the new function is there, but on web site there is nothing changed.

What can be wrong, is there some changes to make manually?

Regarding this :

cd /etc/init.d
mv iptables iptables.backup
wget http://files1.directadmin.com/services/all/iptables
chmod 755 iptables

Note that it opens ssh on port 22, so make sure you either change it manually, or have physical access to your server if you're running ssh on some other port.

So you have to Change this port 22:

$IPTABLES -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

For Eg.

$IPTABLES -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 1111 -j ACCEPT

Dauser

Just got a new shipment of racks today. Likely within 1 or 2 days, if all goes well. (Old OS on new hardware can sometimes run into issues, we'll see)

Back