Block IP Button Missing

davezeking

Verified User
Hi,

I've added a block_ip.sh script to my DA 1.40.1 system in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/ I've changed the permissions to 700 and the owner & group to diradmin as below:

-rwx------ 1 diradmin diradmin 1005 Jan 11 19:32 block_ip.sh
-rwx------ 1 diradmin diradmin 0 Jan 11 18:27 brute_force_notice_ip.sh
-rwx------ 1 diradmin diradmin 6295 Oct 19 2009 README

However, when I click on the IP Info button within the Brute Force Monitor I get a message below the dig information that says:

Screen shot 2012-01-11 at 19.36.19.png

No custom/block_ip.sh found. You can create this optional script if you'd like to be able to block an IP from the control panel.

I've tried restarting DA and indeed the entire server but I cannot get it to show up - any ideas?

Within my directadmin.conf file bruteforce=0 - could this have anything to do with it, the docs don't make it clear if this setting is related to the new Brute Force feature or just the older Brute Force available for DA only? I do get the notification emails when people attempt to brute force my server.

Ah man, I'm really sorry for wasting everyone's time.

I had SSH'd into one server and created the correct files but was viewing the Admin console of a different DA server with a similar IP address! Once I realised the error I logged into the correct server and the Block IP button is there as expected.

Thanks for everyones suggestions and sorry for wasting your time.

Back