w31rd0

Verified User
just noticed today that i mydomain.com:2222/ times out

now i log in with ssh and did
service directadmin restart

following error comes.

service directadmin restart
Stopping DirectAdmin: [FAILED]
Starting DirectAdmin: /bin/bash: /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin: No such file or directory [FAILED]

in /usr/local/directadmin/ are the following directories.
conf custombuild custombuild.tar.gz data plugins scripts

we did make some changes in da members area and updated to the correct version of centos.

is this error related to it ? do i need to rebuild ? how i know my data is safe ? or why is DA missing ?

running lfd and csf , nothing strange noticed , no root logins , no ****ty scripts on the server , only thing i know is that we changed versions in da control pannel

Changing versions in the DirectAdmin control panel doesn't touch your server at all. It doesn't even update your server.

Jeff

Just a wild guess; perhaps you had set da_autoupdate to yes, and after you changed the version in the member area, the cron ran and it updated wrongly?

So did /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin self-destroy on error of license , didn't it?

Same problem on debian 6 after update da

I have same problem after run ./build update_da and I do not know how can fix it!

Fixed!

I asked update my licence for new OS (it was Debian 5 and now it is Debian 6)
(You need to specifyVesion & 32/64 bit)
Then fetch update.gz form DA and extract it!
It is all you need to do!

I asked update my licence for new OS (it was Debian 5 and now it is Debian 6)
(You need to specifyVesion & 32/64 bit)
Then fetch update.gz form DA and extract it!
It is all you need to do!
Which means of course you left out an important part of your problem when you posted originally; you never told us you'd updated your OS.

Jeff

You are right! When I was posting my question I do not know OS version is important!
In addition, I think it is good idea that DirectAdmin return a meaningful error message for invalid licence ;-) instead just refuse to execute!:cool:

Back