backup restore error

knorde

Verified User
I moved to a new server and now i trying to backup my sites on the old server and restore it on the new server.

But when i restore i get the follow errors:
Unable to read /home/myusername/backups/backup/site1.nl/email/passwd : Unable to open /home/myusername/backups/backup/site1.nl/email/passwd for reading.

Unable to read /home/myusername/backups/backup/site2.nl/email/passwd : Unable to open /home/myusername/backups/backup/site2.nl/email/passwd for reading.

Unable to read /home/myusername/backups/backup/site3.nl/email/passwd : Unable to open /home/myusername/backups/backup/site3.nl/email/passwd for reading.

Unable to read /home/myusername/backups/backup/site4.nl/email/passwd : Unable to open /home/myusername/backups/backup/site4.nl/email/passwd for reading.

And many many more.

When i delete the sites (site1, site2, site3, site4 etc) the error is gone.
But when i have more sites then the site in the backup file i get the errors.

Has anyone an idea how i can restore the backups from my sites?

EDIT

I think i know the reasson.
On the old server all the domains has its own username.
On the new server all the domains is in the same useraccount.

I think that is the problem but i don't know how to restore now :)

Anyone?

Last edited:
Hello,

Did I understand you correctly, you want to restore several accounts with an amount of domains from an old server, to a new single account on a new server? Is that so?

Yes thats right :)

On the old host i get a own username for each domain.
On the new host i get 1 username and there all the domains are stored.

In this case, you should restore all accounts as usual, it means you temporary restore all users of yours on a new server, and then manually or with directadmin script move domains into one account.

/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh

Back