Email problems

jim.thornton

Verified User
I've got a user and domain setup on my DA server that is using an external mail system. For example:

www.domain.com

[email protected]

When you go to www.domain.com it takes you to my DA server and the website and everything works perfectly. However, I do NOT have [email protected] on the DA server. Instead I have an external email server setup using Zimbra for this account.

I changed mail.domain.com A record to point to my Zimbra server where the www records and all the rest point to the DA server.

When people from the outside world send an email to me, the email correctly goes to the Zimbra server. Whenever an email is sent from within my DA server it does not go through.

Untill recently I had the email address [email protected] setup on the DA server (the old one prior to zimbra being setup). Once I noticed this error I deleted [email protected] email account out of DA thinking that it wouldn't find it and then would send it out to the zimbra server.

No no message is getting to [email protected] --> Not on the zimbra server and not on my DA server (because I've deleted the email address.

Could someone please help me with this?

You are amazing, I have been searching for hours and hours!

Thank you so much!

FYI - I don't know who to contact for the knowledgebase article but it needs to be updated. I had to go to Control Panel > domain.com > DNS Management > Modify MX records and then uncheck the box. But it worked like a charm.

Back