Add email adresses automatically to mailing list

larsvhw1

Hi,

is there any way I can automatically add email adresses to a direct admin mailing list (from php, database or some other way)?

If this isn't possible, can you guys help me how to create/use another mailing list for a newsletter?

thanks

Cant help on that, im not a majordomo expert, but im sure can be done via email, try ask on a majordomo forum. Here im not sure how many can reply to you correctly :)

Regards

Hello,

Anything is possible depending on what level of access do you have on the server, and how much good you are in PHP/SSH scripting, or you should have enough money to pay someone, who has enough knowledges and experience to do it for you.

The simplest way it would be either to add an email address into majordomo list (a file with a list) of subscribers with the help of a script, or send an email with your script to majordomo address in order to subscribe a new user.

Hi,

is there any way I can automatically add email adresses to a direct admin mailing list (from php, database or some other way)?

If this isn't possible, can you guys help me how to create/use another mailing list for a newsletter?

thanks

p.s. Feel free to send me PM in order to get a commerce server from me.

You can do it with or without root shell access to your server. With root access it's easiest: You'll need to extract the email addresses into a file located at: /etc/virtual/DOMAIN-NAME/majordomo/lists/LIST-NAME

For example, if the name of our list is [email protected], the file location will be:

/etc/virtual/example.com/majordomo/lists/mylist

Note that if you want to keep any of the addresses that are already on the list you'll have to append to the file. You can even do a merge as well, not copying in addresses you already have, depending on your PHP skills.

If you don't have root access to the server you'll need to create the list and then paste it into the DirectAdmin mailing list interface, or you can send an email to majordomo.

If this is a one-time project, just have your php program create a list of addresses, one line each, and then manually paste the output into your DirectAdmin mailing list interface. If you're going to be doing this more than once it may be a good idea to write a php program which will create an email and send it to majordomo as follows:

Code:
To: [email protected][code]
With the body as followed (one line per address you're adding):
[code]approve PASSWORD subscribe LISTNAME EMAIL-ADDRESS
where PASSWORD is the list's administration password, LISTNAME is the name of the list (i.e., mylist, and EMAIL-ADDRESS is the email address you're adding.

If this is something you can't figure out how to do yourself then I and/or others can do it for you; check the Advertising sub-forum here and you'll see lots of people willing to help you as a commercial service. If contacting me please use my email address rather than a private message for fastest response.

If you're using Majorodmo (the list manager included in DirectAdmin by default) then you may want to see the List-owner-info file which the creators of majordomo have published. You can get a generic copy of it (not customized for your list) here (nobaloney.net).

Depending on your needs you may decide to use a more sophisticated mailing list. For an announce list there are some good solutions available in either Installatron or one of the other one-click installers if installed on your server. For a discussion list you might want to look at Mailman.

Jeff

Back