problem with libxml2 (no version information available)

JohnyByk

Verified User
Hi.

After bind9 restart i see this:

root@selserv:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# /etc/init.d/named restart
Stopping domain name service: named.
Starting domain name service: named/usr/sbin/named: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/named)
/usr/sbin/named: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/named)
/usr/sbin/named: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/named)
/usr/sbin/named: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libisc.so.62)

I read that libxml downgrade to 2.7.6 should to fix this problem.
The simply question is: how to do this?

Debian 6.0 64bit

If you have upgraded to the new zlib and libxml, then you can downgrade this way:

#1: In custombuild/options.conf change new_zlib=yes to new_zlib=no - then run ./build update

#2:Then run these commands: http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43000&p=218246#post218246

#3: After doing those commands, I would also suggest that you do ./build on all of the following:

Code:
./build update
./build zlib
./build apache
./build libxml2
./build libxslt
./build freetype
./build curl
./build php n
./build suphp

I would also suggest you read the entire forum thread in above link, just so you know about all thats been discussed.

Last edited:
Thanks for youre help.
Now named dosen't show any errors but another application show new "old" error:
apt-config: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg.so.4.10).
That was reason of update libxml.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Regards

Back