Roundcube Vacation Plugin

UhOh

Hi,

I am totally new to DirectAdmin...FreeBSD...Email/server side anything so please bear with me. I am having trouble getting help on this anywhere else.

Has anyone installed the roundcube vacation plugin and if so what driver does it need to use? Our users are not given access to the control panel so they cannot create their vacation messages in DirectAdmin but we do want them to be able to create their own from inside their webmail. I installed the roundcube vacation plugin from sourceforge and when the user logs into their webmail the vacation tab shows up under settings but when you click on the tab it says CONFIGURATION ERROR
Vacation plugin: Cannot login to FTP-server 'mail.xxxx.xx' with username: [email protected]
Please read the INSTALL instructions!
I have read the install instructions over and over. I have tried settings for Ftp driver, SSHFTP, and both have not worked. There are other drivers listed such as Virtual/SQL, setuid, sieve driver. I think I might have to try the SQL one but like I said, I am totally new in this area and don't want to have to go there if I don't need to but at this point I don't know which one or why?

Please help...and thanks in advance for any help on this matter!

This is only a guess. My guess is that Roundcube expects the email login address to be a 'nix user with FTP access to his/her account at /home/USERNAME. Since DirectAdmin doesn't set up virtual email users that way, my guess is it won't work with virtual users. I'd check with any support venue for the plugin, to see what it works with because I don't see how it could ever work with virtual accounts. Note that DirectAdmin does have an available plugin to give individual uses access to their email settings; you might want to look at it here; the plugin is still alive and viable after over four years.

Jeff

Thank you so much for your help. Although I still am not entirely sure what to do I will not waste my time on the Virtual driver. This is the list of drivers/features offered:

The vacation plugin allows mail to be forwarded and/or auto-replied with a
custom subject / message body.
Note that the actual auto-reply is done by a program such as /usr/bin/vacation
,the virtual user aware vacation.pl or a Sieve script.

Features
--------
The following combination of features is supported for end-users:
- keep a local copy of the mail
- forward the mail to another e-mail address
- send an out of office reply with custom subject & message body
- enable auto-reply for aliases (all drivers except for SQL)

An administrator can configure the following options:
- Support for default subject and body.
- Per host config + driver and ability to disable 'Vacation' tab on a per-host basis

Available drivers
------------------
The following drivers are available to do the low level work:
- Sieve. This driver uses ManagedSieve to set/get the Sieve script for sending mail.
- FTP. This driver uploads the .forward file to the user's homedirectory.
- SSHFTP. This driver uses SSH to upload .forward file to the user's homedirectory.
- Setuid. This driver places the .forward file in the user's homedirectory using
the squirrel setuid binary.
- SQL. This driver creates entries in the vacation table in a MySQL database and
modifies the alias table.
At the moment the SQL driver is tailored towards Postfix with either MySQL or PostgreSQL
but can be modified to suit other configurations.
- None. This driver disables the Vacation tab for hosts that do not support Out of office replies.

Do any of these look as though they will work to you? I have placed support requests for the plugin itself and have had no response.

As for the plugin you referred me to:
1) Can we disable the password change feature? We do not allow our users to manage their passwords via email and we don't want to change this.
2) they are only given access to webmail (roundcube) and they never see the direct admin control panel at the user level. So I would have to install it for the whole server rather than each user do this individually. I saw the vacation screen shot...is this what the user would see directly in their email be able to set the vacation message there? If so I will definitely consider this plugin if I can talk my client into it instead.

Thank you soooooo much for your help!:)

It's probable that nothing that uses FTP to find what it needs is going to work properly unless you create an ftp login that the user can use to get to places which for security you don't want him/her to go. Other than that, I just don't know because I've never tried any of them.

Have you used Google to search these forums to see if any of them have been discussed?

For example, Google this:
Code:
roundcube plugin site:www.directadmin.com

Jeff

It's probable that nothing that uses FTP to find what it needs is going to work properly unless you create an ftp login that the user can use to get to places which for security you don't want him/her to go. Other than that, I just don't know because I've never tried any of them.

Have you used Google to search these forums to see if any of them have been discussed?

For example, Google this:
Code:
roundcube plugin site:www.directadmin.com

Jeff

Please help...and thanks in advance for any help on this matter!

Hello,

I've studied a little bit the plugin, and here is what I've found. The current plugin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcubevacation/ version 1.9.9) is not finished yet. The Sieve class of the plugin is not completed and needs to be finished. Without that the plugin can not be used on shared hosting servers, though it can be used ( I guess) on single project servers, where you host only one domain or host all domains under one single user (in this case you can use FTP/SSH drivers). So I could try to finish the Sieve class or write a new class (driver) for using Directadmin Vacation API for free if there is enough requests for that (I'll really have to find time for the project), or if somebody might want to sponsor the developing or order it as private service.

P.S. Note, I did not check setuid driver and SQL either.

Hi there. did u finish it ?? if not i need it working on a client server... contact private pleasee ! thanks
Hello,

I've studied a little bit the plugin, and here is what I've found. The current plugin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcubevacation/ version 1.9.9) is not finished yet. The Sieve class of the plugin is not completed and needs to be finished. Without that the plugin can not be used on shared hosting servers, though it can be used ( I guess) on single project servers, where you host only one domain or host all domains under one single user (in this case you can use FTP/SSH drivers). So I could try to finish the Sieve class or write a new class (driver) for using Directadmin Vacation API for free if there is enough requests for that (I'll really have to find time for the project), or if somebody might want to sponsor the developing or order it as private service.

P.S. Note, I did not check setuid driver and SQL either.

Hello,

Answered via PM and here:

There were no requests for the plugin, so I did not do anything to it. If you want and ready to pay, I could do it for you. Just please feel free to contact me.

Hello,

Answered via PM and here:

There were no requests for the plugin, so I did not do anything to it. If you want and ready to pay, I could do it for you. Just please feel free to contact me.

Hi zEitEr - how much money ($USD) do you estimate it would take to make this plugin work with DA/RoundCube?

John

Back