custombuild 2.0

@FleroviumUranus: Our old server was starting to crash, so we quickly needed to get a new server running. Each time we tried to create a new dump, the box rebooted itself, so we were not able to get the most recent version of the forum DB. Some posts may have been lost during this event.
Feel free to repost any previous comments.

John

no issue in that i understand
as when i lost my comment i fear a bit and revert back to CB 1.2 and i missed that screenshot of error so will be post again in few days when i will be free for test CB 2.0

Regards
FleroviumUranus

Shall i suggest/require a dovecot custom configure too?

I would like to implement sieve on dovecot update without need to compile dovecot, manual recompile pigeon and than rebuild again dovecot.

There is a way or should be added the way ive suggested?

Regards

Shall i suggest/require a dovecot custom configure too?

I would like to implement sieve on dovecot update without need to compile dovecot, manual recompile pigeon and than rebuild again dovecot.

There is a way or should be added the way ive suggested?

Regards

There is already a way for that using custom configure.dovecot file, however, I may include pigeonhole to CB 2.0 if there are requests for it.

Pigeonhole option is now added (yes/no), however, no configuration changes are done to dovecot.conf and exim.conf yet.

There is a bug probably on the build, here the output on ./build dovecot (with pigeonhole=yes)

Another instance of custombuild is running (lockfile: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/.custombuild.
Executing: doPigeonhole

Tryed to manually restart dovecot result an error cause of pigeonhole version mismatching, doing ./build pigeonhole fix that, the build script check for himself running after dovecot compile before pigeonhole, and since the script hasnt ended up yet, it fail with "already running" error.

Regards

Thank you for the report. It's fixed now (not yet uploaded to DA servers).

CustomBuild 2.0-RC3 version automatically does exim.conf, dovecot.conf changes and installs managesieve RoundCube plugin if pigeonhole=yes is set in the options.conf file (for that you'd need to run "./build roundcube" after installation of pigeonhole). CustomBuild 2.0 FAQ is also updated to include pigeonhole there.

Does is check if those changes are already done? Does is check if user is using default exim.conf (the DA provided one)?

I would be worried about this if doesnt correctly check that, cause for example i do use SpamBlocker 4.1 (that i suppose should be implemented in CB at this point) already modified for that (as for dovecot.conf but is the standard one so no problem).

Regards

Does is check if those changes are already done? Does is check if user is using default exim.conf (the DA provided one)?

I would be worried about this if doesnt correctly check that, cause for example i do use SpamBlocker 4.1 (that i suppose should be implemented in CB at this point) already modified for that (as for dovecot.conf but is the standard one so no problem).

Regards

It checks if "dovecot_lmtp_udp" exists in /etc/exim.conf, if it does not - it patches exim.conf file with the following patch: http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/patches/exim.conf.pigeonhole.patch

If managesieve does not exist in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf file, it patches it with the following patch too:
http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/patches/dovecot.conf.pigeonhole.patch

Ok, thanks a lot for explanations.

Actually now i should not use my custom dovecot.conf file anymore since this :)

Also, i did notice that ive not dovecot_lmtp_udp in exim.conf so i would like to ask (since i dont wanna mess things up and dont know how correctly "read" the diff), should you provide what to add and in which section in exim.conf?

Thanks

Regards

Find:
Code:
transport = virtual_localdelivery

Replace with:
Code:
transport = dovecot_lmtp_udp

Find:
Code:
address_reply:
  driver = autoreply