Any news about CB 2.0?

php-fpm "works", but right now none of the Alias values work at all (/squirrelmail, etc), so we're working on that.
The pre-release binaries do have the first iteration of the templates, but I wouldn't even call it an Alpha release yet, as the technologies have not yet proven themselves as working.

John

Thank you for your answer. So, have you any thoughts about when it will be ready? In one month, two, half year?

The Alias issue has been sorted out.
Now the only thing left is to sort out the dual-php setup.
Once that's fixed.. then we just need to go over everything so that it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.. and then we can start testing it.
Note that the pre-release binaries are already available with the template changes if you want to try php-fpm now (do so at your own risk, as it's only barely been finished, and not checked)
No tech support yet.
But as mentioned, you can't use the dual php setup.. only 1 php version will work right now until the 2nd php extension issue is resolved (likely a simple fix once we get to the bottom of it)

John

Dual PHP setup should be fixed today and uploaded to DA servers very soon.

Is some special place from we can download new custombuild or we still waiting? (according smtalk info about "very soon")?

Hello,

No, suPhp was replaced with:
mod_ruid2 + CLI

or
php-fpm

both of which run php scripts as the User.

If you want php as "apache", then don't use mod_ruid2, and use CLI.

John

Unless I'm mistaken, suPhp was the only one that didn't support source caching.
CLI with mod_ruid2 and php-fpm should both support caching modules.
php-fpm in itself (by design) does already have a certain amount of caching, as it's a php server.

John

Thank you for the information. I think mod_ruid2 is a good choice. However my current shared webhosting servers is running suPHP. Therfor I hope you make effort to make custombuild convert us nicely from suPHP to mod_ruid2 when we in the future upgrade to use custombuild 2.0. I am in the process of upgrading to php 5.4.x, and then soon to apache 2.4.x - so when custombuild 2.0 is ready, my only problem then will be suPHP - I hope it will not be hard to convert from suPHP to mod_ruid2 in future custombuild 2.0. Thank you!

Unless I'm mistaken, suPhp was the only one that didn't support source caching.
CLI with mod_ruid2 and php-fpm should both support caching modules.
php-fpm in itself (by design) does already have a certain amount of caching, as it's a php server.

John

How about sharing op-cache between DA users accounts? For every user is separate cache or there is shared cache for all?

Back