• No !

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

wanener

Verified User
i cant Understand the Ip and DNS management of DA

but i thinks if it is possible to make some Ip Address Shared for whole Server
and make other Ip's dedicated for assigning to an reseller and
possibility to share or assign that Dedicated Ip Address for the Reseller Users !

would be Great

other Ip's dedicated for assigning to an reseller and
possibility to share or assign that Dedicated Ip Address for the Reseller Users !
I've just done some testing, and I believe this is possible. When you assign an IP# to a reseller, the reseller can share it.
make some Ip Address Shared for whole Server
This doesn't appear to be possible; if it is, then I haven't figured out how, because an IP# set as shared by the admin user can be assigned to users, but not non-exclusively to resellers.

If it can be done; it's not obvious how.

Jeff

Hello,

It is possible to do, but isn't designed into DA, so may or may not become a standard feature.

The simply way to add shared IPs to many Resellers is to simply add it to their ip.list file:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/reseller/ip.list

The reason it's not a default option is because of how the ownership of the IP works...
Shared IPs are owned by someone.. When a person view the IP, it goes to:
/home/reseller/domains/shared

So as long as you control the person who actually "owns" the shared IP (according to DA), then you should be fine to share it with this method.

If you do this, some Admin's like to hide the number of Users on the IP:
http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=876

John

What about the server ip? As far as i remember every reseller can view/use it right? Can be disable this function and both (ip shared between reseller and server ip not avaible to reseller) be managed from web interface?

Regards

The server IP can be disallowed for Resellers.
It's a package option for Reseller creation, "Server IP"

If my memory is correct, if a Reseller already has the server IP, but you want to remove it from that Reseller, you'd use the "Remove from Reseller" button on the Admin Level -> IP Manager page.

John

Back