I need Help redirecting my domain from this server to GoogleSites

You also can use a Google webmaster tool to check the website. The website is already redirect to https://sites.google.com/site/wildphotogallery/home.

The information I found there is:
Changing your CNAME record

Depending on your domain registrar, you may need to make changes to your CNAME record in order for your site to be mapped:

Sign in to the site where you control your own site with custom URL.
Navigate to your Domain Name Server (DNS) management page. The location and name of this page varies by host, but can generally be found in the Domain Management or Advanced Settings section.
Find the CNAME settings and in the section 'CNAME value or alias,' enter the sub-domain you'd like to map the URL to. The sub-domain for www.example.com would be www.
Set the CNAME destination to the following address: ghs.google.com
Save your changes with your domain host.

I've tried to do that allready. Can you check if it's done correctly?

DNS setings

Post a screenshot of your DNS setup, cause as far as i can see the www is an A record and not a CNAME.

Here is the print screen of my DNS settings:

Regards

DNS.pngDNS.png

Hope this will help...

You should remove

www A 79.98.24.160
wildphotogallery.com. A 79.98.24.160

add

www CNAME ghs.google.com.
wildphotogallery.com. CNAME ghs.google.com.

Be careful with dots at the ends.

New DNS setings

Well should it be like this: ? ? ?

New DNS.png

You should remove

www A 79.98.24.160
wildphotogallery.com. A 79.98.24.160

add

www CNAME ghs.google.com.
wildphotogallery.com. CNAME ghs.google.com.

Be careful with dots at the ends.

OK, it seems you can not add a CNAME record for wildphotogallery.com. then, as far as I recollect... correct me somebody if I'm wrong. Some time ago, I faced the same problem... So I guess you need to set a redirect in Apache (Directadmin) from wildphotogallery.com to www.wildphotogallery.com.

:d

This is so fu*ked up... this from the first look simple thing - to redirect my domain, is too difficult for a noobie user like me ;)

Anyway, how on earth should I do that thing that you wrote me about?

By the way I'm very grateful for your patience with me... Thanx a lot guys!

OK, it seems you can not add a CNAME record for wildphotogallery.com. then, as far as I recollect... correct me somebody if I'm wrong. Some time ago, I faced the same problem... So I guess you need to set a redirect in Apache (Directadmin) from wildphotogallery.com to www.wildphotogallery.com.

Zeiter does you think this should be this a kind of bug to notify to DA Staff?

Regards

No, of course not. It's a limitation or a feature of DNS.

A CNAME-record cannot exist with any other records for the same name, because a name cannot both be an alias (CNAME) and something else at the same time.

From RFC1912 section 2.4:
"A CNAME record is not allowed to coexist with any other data."

If you try to create a CNAME-record for the name of the zone itself, you will always encounter this conflict because a zone always has at least a SOA-record and typically one or more NS-records with the zone name

Related to http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1912.txt

This is so fu*ked up... this from the first look simple thing - to redirect my domain, is too difficult for a noobie user like me ;)

Anyway, how on earth should I do that thing that you wrote me about?

By the way I'm very grateful for your patience with me... Thanx a lot guys!

I guess mod_rewrite is the best solution:

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^wildphotogallery\.com
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.wildphotogallery.com/$1 [R=permanent,L]

Or put a PHP/PERL script to redirect users.

@blastoise I think you should first add 4 a records using Google sites IPs. The IPs in my example might not be correct for you to use, please doublecheck that and replace them with 4 IPs from Google:

Code:
wildphotogallery.com.	A	216.239.32.21	
wildphotogallery.com.	A	216.239.34.21	
wildphotogallery.com.	A	216.239.36.21	
wildphotogallery.com.	A	216.239.38.21

Then I think you should add this cname (you might need to remove any existing a records for www before you add this):

Code:
www	CNAME	ghs.google.com.

You should not add any more cnames, only the www one. I might be wrong, but I don't think so. Please read the instructions from Google and try this.

Back