How to point my VPS - server's IP to my main domain ?

Hello,

Do you use Directadmin there? If yes, add your domain at user level of your Directadmin,
see http://site-helper.com/

If you have no Directadmin installed there on your VPS, then you should refer to your hosting company documentation.

That depends on how many IPs do you have there an the status of 109.163.234.97. So what is the status in Directadmin (see IP management section on admin level)? Post it here or attach a screenshot.

And what user owns the domain in your directadmin?

Ip

I only have 1(one) IP
I will post a ss later, if my server is back
Badly, it's down at this moment :(

If so, then there is no need in a screenshot. How many users do you have there? What user holds the domain? Is it admin?

You could try to create a symlink /home/admin/domains/sharedip/ to /home/admin/domains/phcorner.me/public_html/

Note, you might need to enable PHP for /home/admin/domains/shared/, I can't say it for sure now, as I've done nothing of this kind ever before.

Last edited:
What do you mean? You can not set an alias to an IP. Did you try simlinking?

I don't know how to symlink :(
Any tutorial, or is their any tutorial thread ?

In this case you'd better hire a system administrator. And You'd better stay off ssh (to create symlinks you need SSH access), while you don't have enough skills for that.

In this case you'd better hire a system administrator. And You'd better stay off ssh (to create symlinks you need SSH access), while you don't have enough skills for that.

I don't have enough credits to hire :(

Then you might need to learn basic things about Linux and these forums is not the right place to do it.

Related to your subject I'd inform you, there is no known to me way to do it via Directadmin web-interface, so some steps should be done with root SSH. And as soon as you have no enough knowledges about it, I'd rather not tell you what to do, as in case anything fails or goes wrong... I don't want to be a person responsible for that. I can only give guarantees for work done by my own hands.

I have basic's in Linux.
I'm running this VPS for 2 months already, and previously using shared hosting for 2 years already.

Can you give me a link of a tutorial to do this?
Or please, Make a tutorial on how to do this.

Than you soo much !

ln -s <destination> <linkname>

What directory should I'm going to symlink?

<destination> = ?
<linkname> = ?

Back