Fatal error: Can not call Overloaded function [crash site]

JohnyByk

Verified User
On one of the accounts, the site is based on Joomla.
Sometimes the site goes down, I get the error
Fatal error: Can not call Overloaded function for a non-object in / home / Masterson / domains / skarszwiki.waw.pl / public_html / libraries / joomla / utitlities / simlexml.php on line 607

Fatal error:
Class: JLoader 'not found in / / home / Masterson / domains / skarszwiki.waw.pl / public_html / libraries / loader.php on line 161

The script (Joomla with extensions) is known to be OK. On another server (shared hosting), everything worked fine. This error never showed up.

The strange thing is that after an error page does not work at all. It helps only restart apache (refresh don't help all visitors see the same error).
Sites work properly on another accounts.

VPS Server
Debian 6.0
PHP Version 2.5.17

I have no idea how to diagnose / fix the problem.
Maybe some of you had a similar problem.

In the logs there is nothing useful.

Plese help.

Hello,

Never gone deep inside of Joomla coding, but if to bas on function name (Overloaded), then I'd suppose it's called as soon as your server load rise too high. See top output while you get the error on your site and see apache server status (enable it first if not enabled yet).

I'm sure so reason of this problem is not high cpu usage. When error is appear, top show normal CPU usage. Problem is only with Joomla 1.5. Weird is that so only apache restart helps.

And what does apache server-status show? Maybe it's caused by a big number of simultaneous connections (but not enough big to be noticeable in top output)?

Problem today is repeated.

Server Status:
Current Time: Thursday, 12-Jul-2012 15:24:21 CEST
Restart Time: Thursday, 12-Jul-2012 00:26:05 CEST
Parent Server Generation: 0
Server uptime: 14 hours 58 minutes 16 seconds
Total accesses: 270448 - Total Traffic: 2.1 GB
CPU Usage: u313.22 s199.51 cu0 cs0 - .951% CPU load
5.02 requests/sec - 41.8 kB/second - 8.3 kB/request
3 requests currently being processed, 34 idle workers

I noticed that there are two errorsand they appear randomly (after refresh page)
First:
PHP:
Fatal error: Non-static method (null)::(null)() cannot be called statically in / home / Masterson / domains / skarszwiki.waw.pl /public_html/libraries/joomla/utilities/simplexml.php on line 607

Fatal error: Class 'JLoader' not found in / home / Masterson / domains / skarszwiki.waw.pl /public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 161

Second
PHP:
Fatal error: Can not call Overloaded function for a non-object in / home / Masterson / domains / skarszwiki.waw.pl / public_html / libraries / joomla / utitlities / simlexml.php on line 607

Fatal error: Class: JLoader 'not found in / / home / Masterson / domains / skarszwiki.waw.pl / public_html / libraries / loader.php on line 161

Logs are empty. Any ideas how to diagnose this problem?

If it's possible post here or privately a link to PHP script with

PHP:
<?php 
phpinfo();
?>

I can't because lot pages on a server is not compatible with PHP 5.3.X (too much bugs after PHP update).

I did a quick search with Google, and find somewhere mention that it might be a libxml bug... so you could try to find the page (unfortunately I closed my browser and my original post with links lost). So in this case you could try to install PHP 5.3. as CGI and see if it helps. For now there is no official way to get both 5.2 and 5.3 witch custombuild, but here on the forums there are some solutions from users how to bypass it. Of course if you want I could install it for you, but it will cost some money.

Another thing you could try is to change libxml version to an older one.
It seems you have debian there, is it right?

Hello, i see in your php info that you have APC, for some reason this can cause errors like yours. Disable this for the Joomla website, and if im correct your error is gone.
Also i strongly recommend to not use php 5.2 anymore

Back