Why can't my DA make any new phpmyadmin databases?

jiri2

Verified User
Accessing from DirectAdmin, in MYSQL I create a new database, but when it comes to phpmyadmin, this user and this database can't appear. Why could this be?

The MYSQL is at User Level, because it seems like thats the only possible level, as reseller and admin level don't even mention MYSQL.

And why do all the usernames and databases have to have ''admin'' preceding them?

Accessing from DirectAdmin, in MYSQL I create a new database, but when it comes to phpmyadmin, this user and this database can't appear. Why could this be?

As what user do you access phpMyAdmin? You should access it either as superuser (da_admin/root) or as owner of the database (with credentials of newly created MySQL DB).

The MYSQL is at User Level, because it seems like thats the only possible level, as reseller and admin level don't even mention MYSQL.

You can access it as root and da_admin (these two users have the all possible privileges to deal with MySQL).

And why do all the usernames and databases have to have ''admin'' preceding them?

If you create databases as user admin in directadmin then it's how it should be, as all databases and mysql usernames contain username_ (admin_) as prefix.

As what user do you access phpMyAdmin? You should access it either as superuser (da_admin/root) or as owner of the database (with credentials of newly created MySQL DB).

I access it as ''admin''. Is that da_admin?

Also I can't remember where but I seem to have created one database that works, just can't create anymore and it's really frustrating. Makes no sense, the database claims to have been made in DA but I go to phpmyadmin and it's just not there. In phpmyadmin there isn't an option to create a database.

nvm i was logging in into phpmyadmin precisely as the db user I'd created but the password had been saved in firefox so i forgot :)

thanks

I cannot access phpmyadmin at all. my DA admin and my root user and passwords do not work for it! Any help?

Back