httpd issues

jj@24khost

Verified User
I am new to directadmin, but we want to start offering it for our lower end clients.

so I install da download custom build, add a sub-domain but the sub domain is only accessible if I type www.new.24khost.info. is there a bad template somewhere?

Well i actually found the template for the subdomain creation and removed the www before it in ServerName |SUB|.|DOMAIN|
and that fixed the subdomain issue i was having. sorry for wasting your time.

Well now both don't work anymore or did you remove them?

In fact you should not change templates if not needed, good chance the changes will be turned back after an update.

Beter is to use the correct dns settings. If you create a subdomain via the DA panel, all should go well.
You will see in the DNS section that 2 new a records are created, a "www.new" A-record and a "new" A-record (in your case), which takes care that the subdomain can be found both ways.
If you make the subdomain manually, you should make those two records. However, DA is designed so you don't have to do this manually, and this problem's won't occur.

So there is no need to edit a template. I would suggest to put the template back in it's original state and then maken the proper dns entry's.:)

Yes but the httpd.conf has the www. in it and makes it so i can't reach it. try stats.24khost.info that one should work now.

Yes but this is what was in the template

|?CGI=ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ `DOCROOT`/`SUB`/cgi-bin/|
ServerName www.|SUB|.|DOMAIN|
ServerAlias www.|SUB|.|DOMAIN| |SUB|.|DOMAIN| |SERVER_ALIASES|
ServerAdmin |ADMIN|
DocumentRoot |DOCROOT|/|SUB|
|CGI|

should be

|?CGI=ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ `DOCROOT`/`SUB`/cgi-bin/|
ServerName |SUB|.|DOMAIN|
ServerAlias www.|SUB|.|DOMAIN| |SUB|.|DOMAIN| |SERVER_ALIASES|
ServerAdmin |ADMIN|
DocumentRoot |DOCROOT|/|SUB|
|CGI|

Again, that's ok. It work for everyone so why you sitting on it?

ServerAlias have the right things as for ServerName.

If subdomains wasnt working cause of that, dont you think that other people was having same problems?

For me, as ive already sayd, is just a matter of dns.

Regards

Back