Exim 4.80

I'm the author of the SpamBlocker exim.conf files used with DirectAdmin. haven't tried it but user SeLLeRoNe says it works for him (posts #6 and #21) so I expect it will work without problems.

Jeff

Upgraded over a week ago and just noticed Squirrelmail is broken

ERROR:
ERROR: Bad or malformed request.
Query: SORT (ARRIVAL) ISO-8859-1 ALL
Server responded: [BADCHARSET] Unknown charset

Upgraded over a week ago and just noticed Squirrelmail is broken
Did you update anything else besides Exim, pucky? I ask because it's unlikely that anything exim would change a charaset in an an email; MTAs aren't supposed to do that.

Jeff

Did you update anything else besides Exim, pucky? I ask because it's unlikely that anything exim would change a charaset in an an email; MTAs aren't supposed to do that.

Jeff

No Jeff, i ended up deleting that email address and recreating it. And SQmail no longer kicks that error. Not sure what the issue was there. Also, im sure i upgraded to 4.8 but it still shows 4.7

hey guys , i'm trying to add tls 1.2 ciphers to the exim.conf file, server is running openssl 1.0.1e and exim 4.80.1 and new keys where created ,the default entry is as follows:-

tls_require_ciphers = ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:-LOW:-SSLv2:-EXP

which give me the log file tls of "P=esmtpsa X=TLSv1:AES128-SHA:128 A=login:"

i'm trying to adjust the exim.conf to use a tls v1.2 cipher , any ideas?

sorry if this is off topic, but this is the only spot this discussion is happening.

Last edited:
Hello, i have a quick question will upgrading exim overwrite my current exim.conf.

Currently my exim.conf file is by nobaloney

# SpamBlockerTechnology* powered exim.conf, Version 4.1
# 19-Apr-1011 16.14 (-0700)

Exim Version :
Exim version 4.77 #3 built 05-Jun-2012 10:16:41
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge, 1995 - 2007
Berkeley DB: Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (November 12, 2010)
Support for: crypteq IPv6 Perl OpenSSL move_frozen_messages Content_Scanning DKIM Old_Demime
Lookups (built-in): lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl dovecot plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 8
Configuration file is /etc/exim.conf

So if i update exim from custombuild 2 there is no further action required by me or will it overwrite current exim.conf and would have to reapply the changes that i have now. Thanks

Back