Enabling Multi Server

h2d

Verified User
Hi All,

Just need a bit of help with Multi Server and secondary DNS.

I have an existing server which has a bunch of domains already existing and i would like to use the multi server option in DA to setup a secondary DNS.

I set it up and it works fine in terms of the connection however it does not transfer my already existing domains across to the second DA server.

It does however transfer a zone if i a) add a new domain or b) change an existing zone config file ( add new A record or similar )

I suspect its not transferring because the serial number has not changed on all my existing domains.

Question : how can i force it to push all the existing domains to the secondary DA server automatically?

Thanks !

Hello

Run this command on every server you'd like to transfer zones from to another in your DNS cluster (Multiserver):
Code:
echo "action=rewrite&value=named" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

it does not transfer my already existing domains across to the second DA server.

It does however transfer a zone if i a) add a new domain or b) change an existing zone config file ( add new A record or similar )

I suspect its not transferring because the serial number has not changed on all my existing domains.
To answer this and complete the thought process in the thread:

DirectAdmin's Multi-Server Option does not use the slave functionality built into BIND, and it doesn't depend at serial numbers. It keeps master records for all domains.

Jeff

Back