How to upgrade clamav version?

Richard G

Verified User
Clamav Outdated! How to upgrade clamav version?

On our server Clamav is installed by Custombuild.
I know the database is update automatically by freshclam.

But now this message is in the logs:
Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
Local version: 0.97.4 Recommended version: 0.97.5

Is there no automatic upgrade? Do I have to build Clamav again from custombuild?

Last edited:
Apart from that it indeed updates its virusdb, and that it can check for its own updates; I don't think it differs from any other software installed through CB. I updated using CB.

I expected that it would be upgraded by CB, that's why I changed a while ago from update.script installation to CB installation.

But I did not get a notice of CB that there is a new version.
Neither does a ./build update_versions do any Clamav upgrade at the moment.

If you do

Code:
./build update

then

Code:
./build versions

and it doesnt show that there is a newer version then that means it hasnt been added to custombuild.

Hello,

I've just updated it in the versions.txt on files1.
Please allow up to 24 hours for rsync propagation to the other mirrors.

John

Thank you John!

@Scsi: It's not
Code:
./build version
but
Code:
./build update_versions
as I wrote before.;)

Yes, thank you, but you will also see that there is no update if you do the update_versions and nothing happens, and you don't have to check the versions yourself.

However, I thought it was a bug in custombuild, but it was just not added yet. Now it is and it's updaten now.
Thank you!

Server OS: CentOS 5.8 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I need some help please!

When I initially setup my DirectAdmin server, I used the 'update.script' to install ClamAV on the system and everything has been working well since then...

I decided to upgrade from ClamAV 0.97.4 to ClamAV 0.97.5 using CustomBuild 1.2 instead of the 'update.script' (which hasn't been updated to support ClamAV 0.97.5 yet).

When I run /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build clamav it appears to build everything correctly and without any errors.

However, when I run the /usr/local/bin/clamscan -V command, I get the following response:

Code:
ClamAV 0.97.4/13356/Sun Jul 24 22:01:25 2011

Why isn't ClamAV being upgraded from version 0.97.4 to version 0.97.5 using the CustomBuild script? Am I supposed to run some type of uninstall of the ClamAV version that was installed by the 'update.script'?

Cause before install from custombuild you must remove the update.script version.

Search this forum, has already been asked and descripted how to clean everything.

Now you have in 2 different paths 2 dfferent clamav version.

I suggest you for the future to use custombuild for all option he have and update.script just when a program (ex. eaccelerator) is not present in custombuild.

Regards

Cause before install from custombuild you must remove the update.script version.

Search this forum, has already been asked and descripted how to clean everything.

Now you have in 2 different paths 2 dfferent clamav version.

I suggest you for the future to use custombuild for all option he have and update.script just when a program (ex. eaccelerator) is not present in custombuild.

Regards

Please send us a guide or a link !
Thanks

GMC

How to do what? Remove a version of clamav?

First, if it's called in exim.conf, comment out the lines that call it and restart exim.

Then stop it.

Then if it was installed from CustomBuild, find the directory under the custombuild directory, cd into it, and run

If it was installed from an installation directory still on your server you can probably cd into that directory and use:
Code:
#make uninstall
If you don't know or can't find how it was installed, then try
Code:
# whereis clamav
and if you find anything related, remove it. Then search for other pieces of the program and remove them:
Code:
locate -i clamav
Then install one copy using your method of choice.

Note that I guarantee my work but not my forum replies; if you're uncomfortable doing this work yourself and dealing with whatever i8ssues may come up, then please feel free to write me for information on hiring me.

Jeff

Back