Adding disk space to home directory on Centos

DA31387

Verified User
Hi,
I have installed a 2TB hard disk drive, but I do not know how to add that to the home or main directory of my CENTOS server. Does any =one know?
I would appreciate your help.
Thank you

Hello,

what do you see with:
df -h
mount
?

To do it with the least pain you need to use LVM. If your current setup does not use LVM, then you might need to hire somebody to do the job for you either from your DC or from these forums (I'm also available for this kind of job), as you might need to move existing FS to a new HDD or... something different.

Hi,
Since my original post, I have 3 x TB drives on Centos 6. I was able to mount the additional drives, but they were not linked to the home directory. I followed some instructions, but one of the drives had to be unmounted (sdb) to do so. I was wondering how much you would charge to add both additional drives (sdb and sdc) to my main/home hosting directory?
So much for being technically equipped to build servers but without the ability to use them to capacity! So embarrassing! I hope you can bail me out.
Thank you!
Berthony

I hope you've got daily backups to a remote server, and have your HDDs mirrored, as LVM does not protect your data, and in case one of your disk fails, you might loose all the data.

Disk back up

I am glad you told me because I thought the RAID function would prevent data loss.
I will have a daily backup of the home directory
Thank you so much!

Back