Conferences

Would you travel to a DirectAdmin conference?

• No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, in USA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, in Canada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, in Europe

• Yes, in other location

• Maybe

• Total voters

sloop

Verified User
Is anyone here planning to go to HostingCon this month? http://www.hostingcon.com/

cPanel has their own conference in Houston this October.

Would anyone be interested in going to a DirectAdmin-focused conference? In the US? Or, where?

There has never been a DirectAdmin conference or meetup but I'm wondering if there is enough interest to consider it.

I'd be interested in a meetup; I'm not going to HostingCon this year, though my company may be part of a press release from the show. Several reasons I'm not going, including that attendance is very expensive and when I went last year I made enough contacts to last me a few years :).

I'd be happy to host a DirectAdmin meetup at a HosingCon when I next attend, but I probably won't go to one outside of Southern California (last year's was in San Diego).

I regularly attend The Southern California Linux Expo generally held early each year, and will be happy to meet anyone there. While several hosting companies do exhibit there every year (very inexpensively compared to other shows), it's generally to recruit employees, and the LAX Airport Hilton isn't exactly inexpensive.

I'd be happy to help host a separate DirectAdmin meetup and I know I can do it a lot less expensively than the big guys seem to do it.

But I haven't seen much interest.

Jeff

Back