phpMyAdmin 3.5.2 released

update to the latest version

How can i update my phpmyadmin to the latest version !?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build phpmyadmin

php update to the latest version

Thank you very much , i'm doing it right now , so can u please tell me how can i update my php version from 5.2.17 to php 5.3.14 or 5.4.4 with out any error during upgrade ?? , i mean how can i clean update my php with out any hassle ... :eek::) ???
I'm using DirectAdmin 1.41.1 and WHMCS 5.0.3 on my XEN VPS

Code:
./build set php5_ver 5.3
./build set php5_cli no
./build set php5_cgi yes
./build update
./build clean
./build php d

re-name my phpmyadmin for security reason

Thank's , Works Great ;)

So , How can i re-name my phpmyadmin for security reason and change the name in the customers control panel ?!?

I think you can just rename the folder in /var/www/html

To change the directadmin link you have to edit the skin, but I dont know which file. The skins are located here:

/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/

You will have to edit the file for whichever skin you use.

You also will have to apply the changes each time directadmin is updated, unless you rename your skin. Also if you rename your skin you will have to merge in any skin changes manually then anytime there are updates. If you rename your skin you will have to change the skin of each user you want to use that skin.

If you want to protect yourself against the recent leak in MySQL, you can also update mysql with:
Code:
./build set mysql_ver 5.5
./build mysql
./build php d

And maybe if you have errors in your 'regular expressions' (reg-ex) on your site, you can do this:
Code:
./build pcre

You also will have to apply the changes each time directadmin is updated, unless you rename your skin. Also if you rename your skin you will have to merge in any skin changes manually then anytime there are updates. If you rename your skin you will have to change the skin of each user you want to use that skin.

Here you can learn, how to customize one portion of a DA skin, without needing to create your own skin.
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=295

well phpmyasdamin give me blank page now.. anyone know why?

I got this problem too, and this is what solved my problem:
Get rid of the 'ini_set' under 'disable_functions' in your php.ini, although CSF recommends this.
Your phpmyadmin will otherwise give a blank screen...

My 'disable_functions' now are:
Code:
disable_functions = exec,system,passthru,shell_exec,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,proc_close,proc_open,dl,popen,show_source

Yeah adding ini_set to disable_functions tripped me up as well. Technically having ini_set enabled can potentially be an issue as it allows some php config values to be overridden (Not all though and certainly not major ones). CSF recommends disabling it, but at the end of the day CSF is only advising, it doesn't take into account all of your server setup.

If you don't have display_errors set to "On" and disable ini_set phpMyAdmin will either be a blank page or throw a 500 error (can depend on browser) and not throw the actual PHP error that prevents it from working. Simply because some PHP errors can reveal sensitive info in errors that could be used to gain knowledge of your setup for exploitation.

Last edited:
Back