PHP Build error

SnakeMind

Verified User
Hi, On my FreeBSD 8.3 64bit machine I have trouble using the ./build update command.
I have MySQL set to 5.5 and PHP to 5.4 in the options.conf, but it fails with different values as well.

Code:
/usr/local/mysql/include/m_string.h:294: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/usr/local/mysql/include/m_string.h:295: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
*** Error code 1
1 error

I have tried to update the build scripts, have uninstalled both php and mysql and then tried rebuilding by ./build mysql and ./build php n but keep having the same issue.
I had as well tried to fix the issue by running the setup.sh script again which built everything but failed on the same error.

Googling and searching on the forum for the M_String.h value gave no visible results in this matter, so I hope someone knows how I can fix the issue without reinstalling the entire server :)

Tail from the build process.

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.4.7/include/../main/php_config.h:2122:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.4.7/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli_structs.h:83,
                 from /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.4.7/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:34:
/usr/local/mysql/include/m_string.h: In function 'lex_string_set':
/usr/local/mysql/include/m_string.h:294: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
/usr/local/mysql/include/m_string.h:295: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
*** Error code 1

Let me know if you need more tail or the complete build log...

Yes, unfortunately I did. I did it with, without and combination with ./build clean and ./build clean_versions.
I tried with './build all d' etc... the php build with and without the default no, just to be sure it wasn't something easy like that.

BUMP was this issue resolved?

Im getting the exact same error at the moment.

In file included from /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.27/ext/mysqli/php_mysqli_structs.h:81,
from /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.3.27/ext/mysqli/mysqli.c:33:
/usr/local/mysql/include/m_string.h: In function `lex_string_set':
*** Error code 1
1 error
# /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild >

mysql-5.5.34-freebsd6.2-i386 +
php 5.3.7

Any ideas?

Hey Pucky, No, I didn't get this error fixed and due to timing issues I rebuilt the machine. Sorry, hope you'll get it fixed!

Back