I can't download files bigger than 2GB

mr-cracker

Verified User
Hello,
I recently noticed i can not download files larger than 2GB, I'm not sure what is causing it. I really need some help regarding this, below are my server specifications

Running directadmin on centos 64bit
8GB ram
PHP version 5.3.17
Zend Engine v2.3.0
Apache/2.2.23

Where could be the problem guys? thanks in advance

Hello,
I recently noticed i can not download files larger than 2GB, I'm not sure what is causing it. I really need some help regarding this, below are my server specifications

Running directadmin on centos 64bit
8GB ram
PHP version 5.3.17
Zend Engine v2.3.0
Apache/2.2.23

Where could be the problem guys? thanks in advance

Did you see an error message? Check your Apache logs in Directadmin via Log viewer.

Can you guys be more specific please, I have 64bit OS which should be ok (i know 32bit OS can not handle files bigger than 2GB but i should be fine)

There was no error, the PHP could read 2GB only which i believe its a PHP setting but i'm not sure how to configure it.

@scsi: can you please tell me what should i do

thank you

The OS has nothing to do with the bit size of the applications running on Linux. I work with 32-bit apps on Linux all day. That is why I mentioned you should do the file on the program that was giving you issues. In this case I see you mentioned php, so I would do a file on httpd if php is installed as a module (shared library) or do the file on the php binary if it is running as a cgi or similar method. If for some reason it is 32-bit that is your problem, it shouldn't be based on the 64-bit OS, but it is always better to be sure.

One more thing to look at, are you sure it is your server dying at 2G and not your browser or what ever you are using to download the file? For example are you using the Windows default IE which is 32-bit and seeing the error at 2G? Or perhaps some other 32-bit browser that can't handle 2G files?

Back