How to add second login for a reseller account?

Diemux

Verified User
I have a resellers account with many users, I can manage all those users through this account. Now I need a second person to be able to login to that resellers account but I don't want to share passwords and such. How can I add a new login/reseller to an existing resellers account so he can also manage all users linked to the existing resellers account?

I have a resellers account with many users, I can manage all those users through this account. Now I need a second person to be able to login to that resellers account but I don't want to share passwords and such. How can I add a new login/reseller to an existing resellers account so he can also manage all users linked to the existing resellers account?

Hello,

You can use the same login with different passwords, so called login keys.

Related: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1298

Actually i did try this Alex and didnt worked.

I did create a login-key for user admin with all allows, but wasnt able to log into DirectAdmin using admin user with the created key...

Did you test it?

Regards

Yes, sure I did, and have it working fine now. But I had some issues in the beginning. You should read directadmin logs in order to find what is wrong by your side.

Oh, did fix it aswell.. i did not enabled:

"Allows browsing of the DA interface to HTM, IMG and CSS files."

Thanks for confirmation that would work.. i did try to reply with that too but after my test i wasnt anymore sure :)

Regards

my key is generated but when i try login using that key from the admin panel it says incorrect password
when i check my directadmin.conf their is no login_keys=1 option so i add this line but still not working
how can i fix this or is their any other place to login by key

You should read directadmin logs in order to find what is wrong by your side.

Back