PHP 5.4.8 and PHP 5.3.18 released!

interfasys

Verified User
The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 5.4.8 and PHP 5.3.18. These releases fix over 20 bugs. All users of PHP are encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.4.8, or at least 5.3.18.

Key enhancements in these releases include:

*Fixed bug #63111 (is_callable() lies for abstract static method)
*Fixed bug #61442 (exception threw in __autoload can not be catched

For source downloads of PHP 5.4.8 and PHP 5.3.18 please visit our downloads page

The list of changes are recorded in the ChangeLog.

Here's what I do:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build clean
./build update
./build update_versions

Hi,
I'm using php 5.4.7. How can I upgrade to this version?
thanks

You must wait until the new version is added in custombuild. First you do this to check what version is available:

Code:
./build versions

Then if there is a new php version, then you do this to upgrade:

Code:
./build update
./build php n

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 5.4.8 and PHP 5.3.18. These releases fix over 20 bugs. All users of PHP are encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.4.8, or at least 5.3.18.

Hello,
Do you have any idea about php 5.4 and suhosin 0.9.33 compatible?
I have tried to install php 5.4, but it does not load suhosin.so.

Thank you.

Hi all,

Getting:
Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(pear/install-pear-nozlib.phar) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/html/:/tmp/) in Unknown on line 0
at the end of the install (Installing PEAR environment: /usr/local/lib/php/). I know what is wrong but I do not know where to look, because I update through custombuild. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello,

You should update open_basedir directive in your php.ini, which can be located in

/usr/local/lib/php.ini
/usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini

to include /usr/local/lib/php/

Hi zEitEr,

Thanks for the reply.

I added the line to mij php.ini but I got the same error.

I looked at another configuration on another server and my open_basedir in the main php.ini was empty...I emptied the open_basedir on the server, with the error, and php was installed. Got a few error messages about some functions in PEAR though.

Everything is working now.

Back