New skin

moja

Verified User
Hi,

new modern default skin would be appreciated - DirectAdmin now looks like ten or more years old application - that is very very bad :(

There are at least 3 valid skins provided by external providers, DA use to improove security, stability and features.. and im ok with that.

If you want a different "look", check other avaible skins (i do use Capri Skin and is pretty nice), or, build your own.

Regards

Directadmin is a great product and has a very user friendly way of working. The skin is fine but I agree with your opinion that it looks a little outdated. You can buy skins or modify them by your own.

Yes, I can do a new modern skin ... but I have to maintain it with every DA update, there are changes in templates with almost every DA update, new functions etc. So I would expect that DA will have their own designer who will be maintaining their own default DirectAdmin skin to be modern to make DirectAdmin more attractive to potentital customers. At this moment it looks very outdated. For hosting companies etc. it is very important that the panel must look attractive to customers, not like ten years old app :(

Yes, I can do a new modern skin ... but I have to maintain it with every DA update, there are changes in templates with almost every DA update, new functions etc. So I would expect that DA will have their own designer who will be maintaining their own default DirectAdmin skin to be modern to make DirectAdmin more attractive to potentital customers. At this moment it looks very outdated. For hosting companies etc. it is very important that the panel must look attractive to customers, not like ten years old app :(

Maybe it's an option to replace existing images and modify html/css a bit? Then it won't break on most updates, only when they add new images. Feel free to create a new skin and open a topic about it, people will donate or buy it if it's good enough or better than DA's default template.

Back