DA's DKIM script needs to be updated

Thanks. I have the record in the same way, but the breaking the p key on multiple lines renders it invalid for the DKIM Core Key Record checker.
Are your keys parsed correctly and validated as 'This is a valid DKIM key record' ?

I actually managed to get a working key by taking it from the DNS Administration in DirectAdmin control panel and removing the html line breaks. But when I paste the whole key in a single continuos line, which the checker has parsed as a correct key, to my zone file, then there is a syntax error.

Yes, my keys are parsed correctly and validated as 'This is a valid DKIM key record', and I do not have to fix anything. It works correct on my servers "out of the box". Are you running the newest version of DirectAdmin? If not, try to upgrade.

I know I'm reopening an old thread, but I have exactly the same issue. On http://dkimcore.org/c/keycheck it says:

This is not a good DKIM key record. You should fix the errors shown in red.

This TXT record consists of multiple strings. This is valid, and can't be avoided in this case.

Version
v= DKIM1
Key type
k= rsa
Public key
p= MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAru6kqwqnkt1krh/eKle/cP1+wK/lbA4aD1enQUm24BOHjiEQI3/7WB5O1UAZi4f4DZ0sQP3PVJreEZBqtL5dl+d eoU/Qj9oL+qCAe7IHdNgFW3/Fzg3ke8aOvWsPC8o0M5VvYAfibgcFpLCvu5BUqYwqvME3oU7WNK7OSjtPinf1wbFKEGUIh9ZzUcib0JO3gRzIxf6qXXu8htmFiNnInPDKHsn4oIioI5gWHiyKXs/EB GupIxrFJOlFmX213iYv/O9W3zpIz/+lOKIHRI5DocZ4Pte7/HxrDIosrIVORrTZgzDIyAb2HXZeSAmT0Rcp/mFMF5dPZw1KA6m/dkmqvwIDAQAB
The p= field must be base64 encoded

This is probably the reason why all mails from my server to Outlook, Live and Hotmail are being seen as spam, and probably also Gmail (I didn't check that yet). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I followed this tutorial to set up the DKIM:

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=569

This is a copy/paste issue, not a problem. You have new lines in the key - that's because DA is displaying the key on multiple rows while the key is one long string. Remove new lines (actually pasted as intervals).

In the specific case - you must paste this:

v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAru6kqwqnkt1krh/eKle/cP1+wK/lbA4aD1enQUm24BOHjiEQI3/7WB5O1UAZi4f4DZ0sQP3PVJreEZBqtL5dl+deoU/Qj9oL+qCAe7IHdNgFW3/Fzg3ke8aOvWsPC8o0M5VvYAfibgcFpLCvu5BUqYwqvME3oU7WNK7OSjtPinf1wbFKEGUIh9ZzUcib0JO3gRzIxf6qXXu8htmFiNnInPDKHsn4oIioI5gWHiyKXs/EBGupIxrFJOlFmX213iYv/O9W3zpIz/+lOKIHRI5DocZ4Pte7/HxrDIosrIVORrTZgzDIyAb2HXZeSAmT0Rcp/mFMF5dPZw1KA6m/dkmqvwIDAQAB

and it gives valid:

This is a valid DKIM key record

Version
v= DKIM1
Key type
k= rsa
Public key
p= MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAru6kqwqnkt1krh/eKle/cP1+wK/lbA4aD1enQUm24BOHjiEQI3/7WB5O1UAZi4f4DZ0sQP3PVJreEZBqtL5dl+deoU/Qj9oL+qCAe7IHdNgFW3/Fzg3ke8aOvWsPC8o0M5VvYAfibgcFpLCvu5BUqYwqvME3oU7WNK7OSjtPinf1wbFKEGUIh9ZzUcib0JO3gRzIxf6qXXu8htmFiNnInPDKHsn4oIioI5gWHiyKXs/EBGupIxrFJOlFmX213iYv/O9W3zpIz/+lOKIHRI5DocZ4Pte7/HxrDIosrIVORrTZgzDIyAb2HXZeSAmT0Rcp/mFMF5dPZw1KA6m/dkmqvwIDAQAB

Last edited:
Correct. You can also check with other DKIM check sites.
Or use DKIM selecter x and only your domain name, it will check automatically and show it's correct.
In the DKIM field you will see the result of what the checker found in the way like Wattie says you have to paste it. So no worries.

Back