I have been drinking...

Nexxterra.com

Verified User
I have had a few drinks so I feel like breaking the rules!
So I want to talk about SPAM
Why is it so friggin expensive? $4 per 8oz can compared to black forest ham that is 3.99 a lb.
I am thinking soon we will have to rename junk mail to something else.
PS. you are lucky, 4 white Russians... I can still type, lets see how well I do after 8!
(also just noticed my picture, I look much better now that I have been drinking, soon I will also be a great dancer!)

Figured out...

I was looking forward to having a few more drinks and then answering questions on the forum.
I am sure on the DA forum I would have really P.Od. lots of people, but on WHT I still would have been one of the brightest!
Unfortunately, I discovered that my short attention span is even shorter when drinking...

What admin doesn't need a drink from time to time? As for prices, why does a medium-size bag of potato chips suddenly cost $4.39 US?

It depends on where you buy them. I get two 13-oz bags of Lays Chips for $5.98 at Sams Club, two 10-ounce bags for $5.00 at the local supermarket. 23c to 25c per ounce, with the trip to Sams Club not worth the savings unless I'm buying other stuff as well.

The supermarket brand is cheaper but I like the brand-name better.

If you really want to see high prices, then check the in-room food at the W hotel in Hollywood, Calif. I don't remember the exact details, but the single-serving bag was more than the two 10-oz bag price.

(Of course for some of us while doing all-nighters, two 13-oz bags of chips and two liters of Jolt Cola is the single serving size :D)

I don't think I'll stay at the W again, the Hilton hotels are not much more than half the price and don't nickle-and-dime you in the room. Even though the hotel stay was part of a trip to one of those mixers sponsored by Web Host Industry Review (thewhir.com), and the drinks were free at the evening party, it was still overkill to meet a bunch of industry execs.

Jeff

Back