Can't connect FTP on wordpress to update

xuancong6000

Verified User
This is not the correct forum section to ask support for this.
Try another ftp client and see if you get a better error notice. Your ftp server is working (I tested) so there must be an error in your username and/or password for ftp.

Should also be that server firewall is blocking outgoing connection to ftp port... you should try in ssh to use telnet to connect to ftp server and check if this work.

Regards

Should also be that server firewall is blocking outgoing connection to ftp port...
Could that be the case? Since I tested it and got a login reply from the ftp server. If outgoing ftp is blocked I would not get the login question would I?
Or am I missing something?

No I tested it from my home. So external. I just thought that if it was a firewall issue, I could not get the login question either.
But maybe I'm mistaken.

Let's see whats happening when xuangcong tests locally.

To test in telnet, login via SSH and use this command:

Code:
telnet localhost 21
You should get a status of the ftp like this:
telnet localhost 21
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 ProFTPD 1.3.4b Server ready.

After that you could try if your login credentials are correct by using these commands (press enter after entering the commands):

Code:
user yourusername
pass yourpassword

To test in telnet, login via SSH and use this command:

Code:
telnet localhost 21
You should get a status of the ftp like this:

After that you could try if your login credentials are correct by using these commands (press enter after entering the commands):

Code:
user yourusername
pass yourpassword

this is display of command:
Code:
[root@server ~]# telnet localhost 21
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.

this is display of command:
Code:
[root@server ~]# telnet localhost 21
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
user allstarvn
331 Password required for allstarvn
pass xxxxxxxx
230 User allstarvn logged in

You are successfully connecting to your server using IPv6, and you are successfully logging in. So now I'm lost. Do you want to use IPv6 and not IPv4? Are you still having a problem using Filezilla? If so, are you using Filezilla from the same local network as your server, or across the 'net? If the latter, are you using IPv6?

Jeff

Back