Spamblocking

jshaw42

Please treat me like the newbie I am. I have searched for how to block spam in a way I can understand without much success.

I have looked for a file named exim.conf on my domain and can not find it. I have searched for ways to block spam and am now more confused than when I started.

Could someone tell me where I can go to find how to block spam emails on my site? The number of spam emails that are being sent to me each day is incredible and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance fro any help.

I have looked for a file named exim.conf on my domain and can not find it. I have searched for ways to block spam and am now more confused than when I started.
Do you rent or own your own server? Or do you have your domain hosted with a hosting company?

If your domain is hosted with a hosting company, then you need to discuss the issue with them as there's little you can do once your inbox.

That said, if you host your domain with a hosting company using the DirectAdmin control panel, then you should find these two options once you've logged into your control panel:

Spam Filter
SpamAssassin

and if they appear, you can use them to control spam.

If not, and you don't own or rent your own server, then you need to check with your hosting company as we can't help you.

If you own or rent your own server (dedicated or VPS), and if it's powered by DirectAdmin, then write back and we'll give you some links and offer you some paid services to help you secure your server against spam. If not, then you're in the wrong place.

If you're in the wrong place and still need help from us then you'll need to buy hosting from one of us.

Jeff

Back