VPS licence

Raimo

Verified User
Is there a VPS licence available? Some forum topic hint that there is and some web hosts sell you a DA licence for as low as 5 USD per month, so there must be a cheaper option.
As DA support has not asnwered my e-mails over a month now, maybe they can share this information here - if there is a VPS licence and to whom it is available.
With zero communication from DA support, I have already installed cPanel and started to learn it, but I really would like to use DA with our reseller hosting.

Try use SafeSubmit: https://www.directadmin.com/clients/safesubmit.php

Also be sure their reply isnt in SPAM folder and/or check your server logs (if you host your own emails), or try a gmail account.

Regarding VPS License, DA give the ability to pay less licenses if you provide VPS and Server rent as service. No other way to get a cheaper price.

If some provider offer DA to 5$ per month most probably is cause they did buy an internal license (the one for who rent server/vps) and they rent the license at that price as a plus since their license will never expire and with time they will "cover" the price paid to get that license.

I hope i'd be enough clear.

Regards

I tried safesubmit one week ago, no reply either. I host my own e-mail, so I have checked the logs, no reply is reaching my mail server.

Thanks for the info, though i'm still stuck with getting no replies.

My understanding is that VPS pricing is available for companies offering VPS servers, but not to end users with one VPS.

I could be wrong, and I hope that DirectAdmin staff will reply with a definitive answer.

Jeff

Yes, that is my understanding too.
I'm not a end user however. I have three machines delivered in 2-3 weeks, but so far no licences.

As far as I know, you can not use them, unless you buy 20 general licenses (internal/external). But you might need an official confirmation.

AFAIK after you purchase one lifetime license you can get the internal license (those you named), i won't say prices. Why hosts can sell under $5,-? Easy, they buy an internal license and after one year it pays back.

After 20+ licenses, you can get a custom price. But i don't have experience on that part.

Back