plesk export to directadmin script

Mikeynl

Verified User
Is there interest for plesk to directadmin export script ? We migrated more than 5000 plesk accounts last months to directadmin. If there will be enough serious interest we can adjust it and add more functionality and start selling it.

Output is dump file that can be restored inside directadmin, and a export logfile with username & passwords and changes in them.

We used it in the 8.x and 9.x range, the rest we can test easy, but dont see much problems.

Code:
******* Start export for domain xxxxxxxx.nl with new username aoodr3te at Sat Dec 29 10:18:42 2012 Version: xxxxxxxx.xx *******

Directadmin username: aoodr3te
Directadmin password: xxxxxxxx

******* Copying subdomains at Sat Dec 29 10:18:42 2012 *******

subdomain  sub1 renamed to sub115
subdomain  sub2

******* Setting up e-mail settings at Sat Dec 29 10:18:42 2012 *******

account: [email protected]
      username: [email protected]
      password: xxxxxxxx
      remark  : Email data copied

password: xxxxxxxx

alias: [email protected] => [email protected]
      alias: [email protected] => [email protected]

password: geengeldigww

redirect account: [email protected]
      redirect: [email protected] => [email protected]

******* Copying dns settings at Sat Dec 29 10:18:42 2012 *******

******* Copying domain pointers Sat Dec 29 10:18:42 2012 *******

domainpointer: xxxxxxxx4.nl => xxxxxxxx.nl

******* Copying databases Sat Dec 29 10:18:42 2012 *******

db: booted_db1 renamed to aoodr3te_AcHjo
      old username & password: testdb1234@xxxxxxxx
      new username & password:: aoodr3te_AcHjo@xxxxxxxx

******* Setting up config file settings at Sat Dec 29 10:18:42 2012 *******

created file domain.usage
created file ftp.conf
created file ftp.passwd
created file apache_owned_files.list
created file empty crontab.conf
! local e-mail delivery enabled.

created file domain.conf
created file user.conf
created file .shadow
created file ticket.conf
created file user.usage

******* End export for domain xxxxxxxx.nl with new username aoodr3te at Sat Dec 29 10:18:42 2012 Version: xxxxxxxx.xx *******

It's been years since we've had a call for migration from Plesk to DirectAdmin; I'd only be interested at a low price.

Perhaps it would be useful if someone would offer a 'Plesk to DirectAdmin' migration service to people who want to get away from the Plesk Infrastructure complete and convert systems to running DirectAdmin, but I don't know what that market would be.

I believe there are Plesk to cPanel conversion scripts available, but having no direct experience with cPanel, I don't know if they come with cPanel or if they're sold, and if so, at what price, but if they're sold, then that might be a starting point for determining pricing.

Jeff

We created this because the plesk -> cpanel -> directadmin way is absolute not satisfying. Gives more headaches and extra work than it saves work.

It's been years since we've had a call for migration from Plesk to DirectAdmin; I'd only be interested at a low price.

Perhaps it would be useful if someone would offer a 'Plesk to DirectAdmin' migration service to people who want to get away from the Plesk Infrastructure complete and convert systems to running DirectAdmin, but I don't know what that market would be.

I believe there are Plesk to cPanel conversion scripts available, but having no direct experience with cPanel, I don't know if they come with cPanel or if they're sold, and if so, at what price, but if they're sold, then that might be a starting point for determining pricing.

Jeff

I totally agree on this, it's quite rare to find someone who migrates from plesk to DA on a large scale.
as for cPanel, it does allow you to migrate from most modern control panels from the gui itself and not as an addon service.

after all it's all tar & scp.

I am interested in a Plesk-to-DirectAdmin conversion script too!

I have about 100 users/domains to migrate from a Media Temple Plesk server to my new DirectAdmin server.

A script will certainly help...

OK, give it some little extra time. We added extra features that will be retested in live migration next week.

OK, give it some little extra time. We added extra features that will be retested in live migration next week.

Mikey (mijn sleutel?), we've done this in the past as well. Migrated multiple servers from Plesk -> DA. One of the issues that came up - unexpectedly - then was that we needed a fully automated solution. This meant that no config-file updates had to be done afterward. Wordpress however had the 'nice' serialized option-fields containing the path to the installation. Changing this was rather tedious.

How does your solution cope with this? Is it fully automated or do you, or users, have to change configuration-files and/or fields in the database(s)?

We tried fully automated in the beginning, but problem with plesk was, that the user could freely choose there database & username. If the choosen values where not that unique, we ended up with way more crap. So we stopped with that. We provide everyone with a nice logfile, old & new credentials.

+/- 50 sites and shops move from plesk to DA

Reading on this forum that it can be done. A friend of mine wants to move aprox 50 domains with sites and shops (joomla) from plesk 9 to DA. I will gladly pay for someone who can do this for us.

I am interested too, but in my case just need to migrate domains and emails accounts

Hi,

What is the status of the plugin? I am looking for a solution to do a smooth migration from Plesk to DA.

Regards,
Erik

Plesk 9.5 to DirectAdmin

I am SICK of Plesk and need to move back to DA.
I've been on Rackspace and now they are finally abandoning Plesk.

I need to migrated 260 sites asap off a compromised server.
Please contact me if you've got anything workable.

Sorry guys, due my newborn son i was completely forgot this thread.

Its still rockin, i solved a lot small things !

Hello,

after playing for a weekend, since I needed to migrate 300+ domains, I came up with solution as Mike said.

It is PHP 5.4+ based.
How it works:
I provide Plesk username, and it dumps:
all domains , connects to DA, creates customer with same info (sometimes it strips it a bit, removes dots, etc, since DA does not allow it);
later while parsing a domain - it creates emails, emaila aliases, email redirects.
then it copies emails using imap sync;
FTP data using SCP;
dumps databases uses mysqldump;

Later one thing needs to be done manually - replace database credentials in scripts;

One I am working now on; is to check if there is to check for existance for wp-config (wordpress); configuration.php (joomla);
so it would run some auto sed commands to replace the mysql data - so more automation;
and cron creation still needs to be done (can't find it in mysql, maybe then just should copy/paste the cron file with replacements;

example output, don't want to output everything :)
[DOMAIN]: xxxx.com
[DirectAdmin]: Creating user aeva : U7ntaKKPy4
[ OK.]:

[ emails]:
[ ]: [email protected]:pass5
[ ]: [email protected]:secret
[ alias]: [email protected]

[ ]: [email protected]:Spalio25
[ Databases]:
[ ]: aeva_db : aeva_jml_user
[ NEW]: aeva_ydsnq16c : aeva_ydsnq16c : QikKtLKxow

and yes it coppies old DNS zone with some replations

and so on...

Can someone share ideas on exporting crontab (except jsut for copying?)
Thanks

Can someone share ideas on exporting crontab (except jsut for copying?)
I'm glad to see you working on a script and I hope you'll be willing to share it with the community.

Personally I'd be afraid to automatically migrate crontabs, because contents would ofteen need to be different based on paths of programs, scripts, and target files.

If you feel it's safe, and if the usernames are the same, then you may be able to just copy over the named crontab viles from the origin machine's cron directory to the target machine's cron directory (often but not necessarily /var/spool/cron).

On one system I jiust checked the files are chown root:root and chmod 600.

I'm not sure this is safe, though; I'm hoping that DirectAdmin staff will explain that seemingly insecure setting.

Jeff

I am interested in a Plesk-to-DirectAdmin conversion script too. Please write how can I get this script?

Last edited:
I'll try to find some time to write a free and open source script for that :) No ETA on this yet.

I'll try to find some time to write a free and open source script for that :) No ETA on this yet.

Thats what I am thinking right now. Some people could just donate if they wish to :)

I am now thinking if I am willing to share it and how it would look like, because atm is quite bound to my scenario...

but in general I have migrated 300+ domains

Back