Which version of Exim is SpamBlocker compatible with?

Christopher

Verified User
Or more specifically, what's the last version of Exim known to be 100% compatible with Spamblocker? Is the very latest version compatible (with a little gentle manual compiling) or does the latest version bring changes not yet compatible with the most recent version of spamblocker?

I'm running Exim 4.69 on our VPS but I note that it's currently at 4.80.1; the codebase has also undergone some fairly significant changes apparently but DA devs haven't provided an out-of-the-box working build for custombuild (I've tried to make it with ./build exim and the make fails).

If I manually make the latest stable exim from the source, as discussed on this forum, will custombuild still work ok? Has anyone experimented with spamblocker.conf and recent builds of Exim? I'm getting tired of running a six year old version of this software, switches and variables I expect to work don't ;) but I'll put up with that if spam doesn't get blocked with the latest versions!

Learn how to use custombuild first. You need to run ./build update first.

Or more specifically, what's the last version of Exim known to be 100% compatible with Spamblocker? Is the very latest version compatible (with a little gentle manual compiling) or does the latest version bring changes not yet compatible with the most recent version of spamblocker?
Hard to say. You don't specify but based on the thread in which you've posted I presume you're running my SpamBlocker 4.x, distributed from my website, here (nobaloney.net).

I'm running my latest SpamBlocker exim.conf file (a bit different from the version of SpamBlocker 4.1 I distribute from my website, but with no differences which should matter), with exim version 4.80.
I'm running Exim 4.69 on our VPS but I note that it's currently at 4.80.1; the codebase has also undergone some fairly significant changes apparently but DA devs haven't provided an out-of-the-box working build for custombuild (I've tried to make it with ./build exim and the make fails).
I installed version 4.80 from CustomBuild; be sure to do the .build_update as user chatwizrd points out.
Has anyone experimented with spamblocker.conf and recent builds of Exim? I'm getting tired of running a six year old version of this software, switches and variables I expect to work don't ;) but I'll put up with that if spam doesn't get blocked with the latest versions!
It blocks spam well for me. I don't expect ACLs to change until Exim 5; that's when they made changes last time (from version 3 to version 4). Another issue would be exim.pl; be sure to always use the latest version of exim.pl from DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Back