Help please

Apple1991

Hi, I Unfortunately delete public_html folder, how I can restore or recreate it?

I am not sure, the one with red arrow I think :D Folder where I must put files to upload. This is "alias" or somethink I tihnk
Try this: login to DirectAdmin. Click on Domain Setup. It will then list your domain(s). Click on the checkbox in the Select column corresponding to your domain name. Then at the bottom, click Set as Default.

You will then get a message like this:

Your default domain has been set
-----------------------------------------
Details

*yourdomain* is now your default domain.
etc.

Your public_html link is now restored

It will delete the files under (after) the symlink, so a back-up would be nice (i hope you got back-ups, else lesson learned)

I agree Acceleratic.
If it was your shortcut just restore last version of the account.:)

login to DirectAdmin. Click on Domain Setup. It will then list your domain(s). Click on the checkbox in the Select column corresponding to your domain name. Then at the bottom, click Set as Default or packup didn't help, is there another way to recreate folder?

login to DirectAdmin. Click on Domain Setup. It will then list your domain(s). Click on the checkbox in the Select column corresponding to your domain name. Then at the bottom, click Set as Default or packup didn't help, is there another way to recreate folder?

Don't do that, It doesn't work. Just go to Backup and restore => find the account and restore it your public_html will be back.

If you want Upload/Download on the account go to Domains>>sitename>>public_html you will find all the account's file.

Don't do that, It doesn't work. Just go to Backup and restore => find the account and restore it your public_html will be back.

If you want Upload/Download on the account go to Domains>>sitename>>public_html you will find all the account's file.

Where I can find such things like Backup and restore => find the account and restore it your public_htm or Domains>>sitename>>public_html you will find all the account's file. Can't find these things

Does anybody can say, what I could do to publish my website if public_html folder is missing and restore is impossible?

Just recreate it. Do you mean the one in /home/user/public_html or /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html the one in the home folder is just a link back to the one in domains/domain.com/public_html.

You can recreate it by going into directadmin and domain management and selecting a domain and click make default.

Just recreate it. Do you mean the one in /home/user/public_html or /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html the one in the home folder is just a link back to the one in domains/domain.com/public_html.

You can recreate it by going into directadmin and domain management and selecting a domain and click make default.

I don't know which one it is, the one with red arrow on folder icon. It was in first page in file manager. Selecting domain and click make as default doesn't help. Is there any way that I can publish my page on iWeb and not using directadmin ?

go in the domains folder then select the domain then go to the public_html folder and you are there. If not just use ftp client and go in the same folder structure.

go in the domains folder then select the domain then go to the public_html folder and you are there. If not just use ftp client and go in the same folder structure.

Sorry I can't get right idea of your thought. In domains folder is only one other folder "aszebra.ee" and inside this folder is nothing: Screen shot 2013-02-05 at 11.09.58 PM.png

So where I can go to the public_html folder. Or how can I use that ftp client and go in the same folder structure? Sorry about my stupidness :D

Sorry I can't get right idea of your thought. In domains folder is only one other folder "aszebra.ee" and inside this folder is nothing: View attachment 1461

So where I can go to the public_html folder. Or how can I use that ftp client and go in the same folder structure? Sorry about my stupidness :D
I think you have Reseller access or End user-it's so strange have server and one domain on the domain folder-, So contact DC they could fix it for you. it's need admin access :cool:

Hi, I Unfortunately delete public_html folder, how I can restore or recreate it?
STOP!

This thread appears to be heading in the wrong direction.

@Apple1991, it appears you're a client of a hosting company; nowhere in this thread do I see any indication that you own and manage the entire server. Note that if I'm right, then the Folder icon with the arrow indicates something called a symbolic link and it's entirely for your convenience. You don't need it, and your site will still work without it. To recreate it, all you need to do is reset your domain as the default domain under Domain Setup as has been mentioned above. This should be safe; it should NOT delete anything.

If that doesn't work then it's likely you've not deleted this link, but rather the main public_html directory at domains/EXAMPLE.COM/public_html. Check to see if it's there. If it's there, check to see if it's content is there? If both are there, then if recreating the link as above doesn't work, then you need to re-upload your site or restore it from a backup you've made (likely no-one else has made a backup for you), or from your original upload. If you have neither you can ask your hosting company for assistance but likely you'll need to start over if they don't have a copy (they probably don't).

If that copy of public_html isn't there, you may be able to recreate it using ftp or your file manager, but if not, then your hosting company will need to do it for you.

If your hosting comany can't do it for you, then we cannot, either, nor can we tell you how to do it.

If I'm wrong, and this is your own server, then it appears you don't have enough knowledge to fix this and you may need to hire one of us to do it for you. Many of us on these forums offer server support and maintenance, including me and others.

I've moved this thread; on our forums it's a user-level difficulty.

Jeff

Back