Danginx ( Directadmin Nginx) v 4.0 availlable - support ipv6 , apache 2.4 , etc,.

syslint

Verified User
About Danginx:

Danginx or Direct Admin nginx plugin is an Nginx server integration plugin for Directadmin servers. This plugin will increase your server performance and decrease server loads cased by apache web server.

Project Home Page : http://danginx.com/
Documentation : http://wiki.sysvm.com/DirectAdminNginx
Forum url : http://forum.syslint.com/

How Nginx will help your Directadmin server to increase the performance ?

Nginx is known for its high performance, stability, rich feature set, simple configuration, and low resource consumption.
Unlike traditional servers, Nginx doesn't rely on threads to handle requests. Instead it uses a much more scalable event-driven (asynchronous) architecture. This architecture uses small, but more importantly, predictable amounts of memory under load.

Even if you don't expect to handle thousands of simultaneous requests, you can still benefit from Nginx's high-performance and small memory footprint. Nginx scales in all directions: from the smallest VPS all the way up to clusters of servers.

Some Features of Danginx

High Performance : Nginx will work as a front end reverse proxy of your Directadmin server along with apache. Which will increase the performance due to the software architecture.

Protection Against Malicious attacks :
Nginx will only pass true http requests and protect against attacks like DDOS from your server.

100% compatible with Directadmin
: Danginx is 100% compatible with Directadmin. It have autoinstaller , autoupdate and uninstaller scripts which will make your job easy to integrate it.

GZIP compression , Save bandwidth
: Danginx is integrated with GZIP compression. You can enable and disable this feature.You can also set the compression lever from 1 to 9.

New Features :

• Support Ipv6
  • Support apache 2.4
  • Install Any version of Nginx via "installnginx" script
  • Install any nginx modules via autoconfigure in /etc/danginx/configure.sh
  • Reseller control panel and API
  • WHMCS Module for Resellers

****Danginx is free with our Directadmin Server Management Plans***

"Danginx is 99.9% compatible with Directadmin"

and what is 0.1%? What things are not working?

do you offer one time fee for the plugin instead of $5/monthly - if you do I will buy it and do we require CDN after using your plugin as this do reverse proxy and speed up website performance ?

zEitEr you don't understand this: danginx is reverse proxy: Nginx is on the front, apache behind.
In new CB 2.0 support for nginx this will be standalone nginx on front and nothing else. So if someone use only Nginx then this will be huge thing for him, but for rest of us, for hosting platform this (CB 2.0 support for nginx) nothing changes because we CAN'T use this in this way ;) (htaccess, compatibility etc.).

But the solutions is rather simple on paper, just make a tool which would grab input from e.g. a directadmin panel and generate a valid nginx config from it. It's just a matter of someone willing/having time to make it.

@Arieh: yes, simple and smtalk do this = but still this is nginx standalone version, good for some projects and not for hosting.
If you want provide shared hosting with nginx you MUST do this as reverse proxy with apache. Nobody change this now or in the future ;)

No what I meant is that you could create a new page in DA where users can specify for example rewrite rules, then it will be converted to nginx valid config so practically you have the same options as htaccess but then for nginx. No one as far as I know has said they're going to make it, but it is certainly possible.

Yep, only in theory. Do you convert some htacesses? It's pain in the ass and lots of customers have ugly rules in their web softwares.
if this was so easy (copy, paste and hit CONVERT) then I'm will be first who do it ;)

It's not that far away either, in many ways it's just the same as what DA already does: chaning user input to configs. Just like all the apache and bind files that are being generated.
You just have to
- look at the possibilities within nginx, make a selection of what is most used and do-able
- for each type of option see what different types of settings are possible and create the appropriate parsers
- everything will be processed and will generate a user config file, and then just an nginx reload

But sure it's quite the project and looking at how new features are coming through I don't see this coming from DA anytime soon (if ever, no clue).

Support apache 2.4

I wonder, did you manage to solve an issue with wrong IP in $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"], as it with mod_rpaf (patched for Apache 2.4 of course) has a server IP, but not a remote client IP? Or not?

i have really no chance with support of danginx.. its work well just 1 server on 5
and they cannot give real good service...
they just want login our server without explain..

and they just said to all problem contact my support server..
lol

now all ip i have on the server http://theip, its go to the same website.. 3 servers on 5

after many false reason,
they answer just it :

Hello,

If you still wish to solve the direct IP access issue, then you can create a custom vhost for the IPs and include it in nginx.conf file. A Sample is as follows,
--------------
server {
error_log logs/vhost-error_log warn;
listen 80;
server_name 67.215.12.18 68.168.124.130 68.168.124.130; # place all ips here
location / {
log_not_found off;
root /var/www/html/;
client_max_body_size 1000m;
client_body_buffer_size 128k;
proxy_send_timeout 90;
proxy_read_timeout 90;
proxy_buffer_size 4k;
proxy_buffers 16 32k;
proxy_busy_buffers_size 64k;
proxy_temp_file_write_size 64k;
proxy_connect_timeout 30s;
proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8888;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
}
}

i have 400 virtual host on 68.168.124.130
and if you visit 68.168.124.130 , its give one website,
samething for all ip shared or not
its give the same website..

i want they said just shared ip.. grrr

any clue ?
please

they just respond it :

We can't fix the issue with your IP accessing directly. like as follows,

There is no vhost settings for IPs in the nginx . So if there is no vhost settings , then it will show the first vhost in nginx. We can't fix this issue.

--------------
lol

and they said always 100% compatible and just need to type sh install.sh

but its not true if you have many website on your server.. you can have many little problem..

no real documention on the website danginx without install / uninstall..

its really not cool..

sorry for my english

but i hate who sell product with no real support..

Last edited:
Back