PTR authentication setup in directadmin

kaon

Verified User
Hello All,

I am not a professional host and just manage personal server so please be gentle on me. I am not expert and just a novice.
I am getting this error when i send an email.

554 This server requires PTR for unauthenticated connections.

In the DNS queries checkup we have the error attached.
http://www.dnsqueries.com/en/domain_check.php

DnsQueries.png

I have tried so much and tried different options.
I have added a PTR record in host[dot]pearlwebhost[dot]com as well as host2[dot]pearlwebhost[dot]com in the DNS administration.

I have read some other posts also but I am very confused what i have to do.
Please help me.

Highly obliged.

Usually DC make your revDNS.
Note: If you do not have authority over the reverse lookup on the IP's you'll have to contact your datacenter to get them to do it for you. This means that your server might not be used at all for the reverse lookup on the IPs, making this tutorial useless

Even if you have a dedic, you still have to contact with DC in order to change rDNS for the IP dedicated to your server. Or you rent a /23 subnet? Some companies allow to change PTR records in a control panel to which you might have access (it's not a directadmin CP). So please check the FAQ section on the site of the company from which you bought your server.

Even if you have a dedic, you still have to contact with DC in order to change rDNS for the IP dedicated to your server. Or you rent a /23 subnet? Some companies allow to change PTR records in a control panel to which you might have access (it's not a directadmin CP). So please check the FAQ section on the site of the company from which you bought your server.

Thanks. this is very helpful. I will contact them and update here. Thanks again. I am highly obliged.

Back