please help: alias 500 error: /webmail /phpmyadmin

I have the same bloody problem discovered today. When a user goes to http://domain.com/roundcube/ you get and 500 Internal server error. Likewise, i just tested http://domain.com/phpmyadmin and the same issue exsits there.

But http://serverhostname/phpmyadmin, roundcube/ work just fine.

Only thing i can think of is i origionally installed php-frm then changed to fastcgi. I asked about whether this would cause issues in another post in Custombuild 2.0 thread in fact and was told it would be fine. But i think the installation of php-frm should have been Uninstalled properly before changing to php-fastcgi.

There is nothing in my logs that i can see.

Last edited:
Were you running php-frm then upgraded to php-fastcgi?????

If so, then those of use who changed over is the reason why this is not working.

No its not the reason. I have the same problem and never used php-fpm ever.

Are there any more solutions we can try? I mean, iv tried them all including rewrite confs and look in your logs, which many keep harping on, that does not work and there is nothing in the logs people.

Why is it that some people are having this issue while others are not? I was running a silly VPS for a few months while i was getting another server ready and that vps had no issues at all yet i was running the exact config in all instances. Once i moved all the users over and deleted the vps i noticed this issues. Unfortunately, i cant go back to look at the other setup since it no longer exists.

This is nuts. A needle in the haystack [unresolved]

I still think this is a permission issue somewhere but so far i havent been able to find it.

Last edited:
I am late to this thread and honestly have not read though it, is this using apache or nginx?
I know with nginx phpmyadmin fails.
its looking for a directory that does not exist.
so I just installed it on each domain and it worked,

meh.
I know what causes my phpmyadmin to not work.
don't have time to read all the way through it.
have fun.

meh.
I know what causes my phpmyadmin to not work.
don't have time to read all the way through it.
have fun.

In your case, installing phpmyadmin into everyones domain is not the solution.

Anyone from DA ready to chime in here? Seriously, why is this taking so long to resolve?

This issue is unacceptable, and a solution should have been provided a long time ago.

Where is Martynas? Is he going to offer a solution to get this fixed?

The solutions provided thus far have not worked therefore this must be something else related to an OS, CBuild or DA.

So nobody from Directadmin can help?

Why is that?

We are all waiting.

Thinking a moment from the beginning... what's the difference between using the URL and using a domain name resolving to the main server IP# (I presume it's the main server IP#).

I'm presuming the only difference is that in the hostheader the packets destined for the domain name have the domain information. Which apache is using to determine the username under which the software is running.

I just checked oin a server of mine running with mod_ruid2, php 2.x (and built with custombuld 2). Both a domain pointing to the main IP# and the main IP# allow access.

So I'm guessing (only guessing) that the problem has to do with ownership.

Or am I off in the wrong direction?

Jeff

Thinking a moment from the beginning... what's the difference between using the URL and using a domain name resolving to the main server IP# (I presume it's the main server IP#).

I'm presuming the only difference is that in the hostheader the packets destined for the domain name have the domain information. Which apache is using to determine the username under which the software is running.

I just checked oin a server of mine running with mod_ruid2, php 2.x (and built with custombuld 2). Both a domain pointing to the main IP# and the main IP# allow access.

Jeff

You are thinking in the right direction. Changing the user/group of the webapps folder will producte an internal server error on the main IP too, but it does not affect loading from any domain hosted on the server.

However, in the Apache config files, the files tell to use suexec user webapps for everything that is loaded from /var/www/html/. So what should happen if you go the domain.com/webmail/, it should use webapps as the suexec user.
This is not happening, it uses the user/group of the domain that you are browsing.

Last edited:

Jeff

Are you running Apache 2.4.4?
What version of PHP?

Back